Motorcyclist

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodstock

Reaction score
Short review...

- Lots of letters on the Helmet review article. They said they lost a couple of helmet advertisers over it. One letter seemed to sum up the discussion, "A DOT-standard helmet will potentially outperform a Snell-standard helmet in limiting severe brain trauma in 90% of the most common types of accidents. A Snell-rated helmet will potentially outperform a DOT-standard helmet in limiting severe brain trauma in the most severe 10% of accidents." No doubt some cruiser mag will use this to show us all how half-lids are the safest helmet. One of the later articles had a reviewer wearing a non-Arai lid. I think it was the "Strike" that faired pretty well in the comparison.

- Comparisonn between ZX-6R and GSX-R1000. Odd two bikes, I mean, I kinda "get" why a 600 vs. 1000 shootout, but not sure why those two. Maybe it's just me, but these mags don't seem to give any respect to the YZF's.

- Full page ad for Honda Rune. Has anyone ever really bought one of these?

- Ad for the K1200R, "You don't need a hibatchi to cook Japanese." I just thought that was a pretty funny line.

- Someone put a turbo on a RocketIII. 203 HP and 215!! (say it with me, "Two Hundred and Fifteen") ft-lbs of torque.

- Same article, they turbo'd a VRod, but that's just stupid. If you got this far, re-read the previous line. Two Hundred and Fifteen!! ft-lbs of torque.

Last edited by a moderator:
Short review...
- Lots of letters on the Helmet review article.  They said they lost a couple of helmet advertisers over it.  One letter seemed to sum up the discussion, "A DOT-standard helmet will potentially outperform a Snell-standard helmet in limiting severe brain trauma in 90% of the most common types of accidents.  A Snell-rated helmet will potentially outperform a DOT-standard helmet in limiting severe brain trauma in the most severe 10% of accidents."  No doubt some cruiser mag will use this to show us all how half-lids are the safest helmet.  One of the later articles had a reviewer wearing a non-Arai lid.  I think it was the "Strike" that faired pretty well in the comparison.

- Comparisonn between ZX-6R and GSX-R1000.  Odd two bikes, I mean, I kinda "get" why a 600 vs. 1000 shootout, but not sure why those two.  Maybe it's just me, but these mags don't seem to give any respect to the YZF's.

- Full page ad for Honda Rune.  Has anyone ever really bought one of these?

- Ad for the K1200R, "You don't need a hibatchi to cook Japanese."  I just thought that was a pretty funny line.

- Someone put a turbo on a RocketIII.  203 HP and 215!! (say it with me, "Two Hundred and Fifteen") ft-lbs of torque.

- Same article, they turbo'd a VRod, but that's just stupid.  If you got this far, re-read the previous line.  Two Hundred and Fifteen!! ft-lbs of torque.
Got your attention, didn't they, Woodstock.

Bet that's what they were after. That, and gettin' you to spread the word: "Yey, did you see what those guys at Motorcycliest said????"

Oooooof.

Latest posts