• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Much loved (with mileage!) 2008 FJR1300ABS farkled! 85k $4400

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat L

TwoWheelExplorer
Reaction score
I'm selling my well-loved and often-used FJR. It's been ridden through the western US and southwestern Canada for 88k miles. Seattle area. Asking $4900.

Two summers ago, literally with a week's notice and no special prep work, I did one trip to northern California, another one to San Diego and another weekend trip through WA, OR, ID, MT and BC, without a single worry or problem.

This bike is a rider's delight.

The good:
* Gen II, which dealt with the engine heat issues of earlier years. Ride in 90+ degree weather without roasting your nether regions.
* ABS, and manual clutch (not the FJR1300AE with electric clutch)
* Michelin Pilot Road PR4s, 60%
* V-Stream windshield
* Fork brace
* Helibar risers
* Adjustable levers
* N-Line dash shelf (to hold your GPS, radar detector or other electronics)
* Dual Heat-Troller for two electrically heated jacket liners or other items
* Auxiliary power for accessories under the tank, and another aux power in the tail
* Yamaha comfort gel seat (rider and passenger)
* Fender eliminator kit to clean up the rear lines (and a near-new fender in case you want to put one back on)
* PowerCommander III with custom map
* Dale Walker Holeshot exhaust pipes
* PCA rear rack with Givi mount plate
* Frame sliders
* FZ-1 style extended mirrors
* Highway pegs
* Very active local owners community

There's probably other stuff I'm forgetting.

The bad:

* I've tipped over twice with the bike. Once, in a wet parking garage; the left slider took a scuff and the left bag did too. Once, in a freak March snowstorm I tipped over again on the left, but I have a nice photo to show for it.
* The previous owner lost the left saddlebag on the freeway one day when he forgot to lock it. It's scuffed up but repairable. He later dropped the bike on the left side, scuffing up the left mirror and left frame slider.
* The right saddlebag lid is also scuffed but less so. These are repaintable from an FJRFORUM member at $90/side, but I didn't do it as it's been my daily rider and I figured I'd knock into it with a boot or something anyway. And I never did have a couple of weeks of downtime even though the winter; it's my everyday vehicle.

Video of a cold startup:

Photos at https://www.flickr.com/gp/patl/k8n41g.

I would happily support a Fly 'n' Ride via Seattle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts