my 2016 YZF R3

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbodave_98

TurboDave_98
Reaction score
Bought the R3 from Yamaha of Cucamonga CA. I added it to my stable of other Yamaha bikes that include a 2006 FJR 1300 AE(rode it in 2009 IBR}, 1996 Royal Star, 2005 YZF R1(rode AMA tracks for 3 years) and two each XS 1100Gs, Also have a 1991 Honda ST 1100 and a 2009 Suzuki DL-650. I am not bragging, just a lover of motorbikes.

I bought the R3 as it was only weighing 350lbs wet. This made it easy for me to move the bike while it was on the ground(I am 75 years old and weigh 135 lbs). it is a blast to ride.. I have added several aftermarket items to each. Will post some pictures when I conclude installing my farkles, stay tune, if interested.
bike.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! It appears we are two new members of the R3 owners club! I agree with your reasoning for buying - very light weight. I'll add fun, very capable and looks great!
punk.gif

It's a beautiful bike! I would have bought one, if they were out, when I bought a Ninja 300 for my daughter. She loves it, so no trading it in.

Congrats!