My bestest buddy Bust is sick!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RadioHowie

I Miss Beemerdons!
Reaction score
And we warned him about his "barnyard fetish."

MizzBustanut took the old codger to the clinic today with flu-like symptoms. With H1N1 all over the place these days, it's a wise precaution.

But does Bustanut Joker have Swine Flu? Wouldn't be surprised, considering his "hobby".....but NOOOOOO, he's got to go one better --

Dis fooker's done gone and been diagnosed with Rift Valley Fever!!!

I chit you not! :dribble: :blink: :dribble: :blink:

Quoting from Wikipedia,

"Rift Valley Fever (RVF) is a viral infectious disease that can be transmitted from non-human animals, both wild and domestic, to humans causing fever.
In "real" terms...you can catch it from a goat, sheep or cow. Really? REALLY? Is ANYONE surprised if anyone could catch something from a goat, who on the forum would it be?

Didn't we warn him? Well, didn't we?

This damn bug can be serious. Again from Wiki:

"RVF outbreaks occur across sub-Saharan Africa, with outbreaks occurring elsewhere infrequently (but sometimes severely - in Egypt in 1977-78, several million people were infected and thousands died during a violent epidemic. In Kenya in 1998, the virus claimed the lives of over 400 Kenyans. In September 2000 an outbreak was confirmed in Saudi Arabia and Yemen)."
Unfortunately, there is a fatality rate of 1 in 10, but considering the main geography of outbreaks is normally limited to sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle East, our doctors and medical facilities can probably get a handle on the infection.

This poor bastard is gonna be fookin miserable for a week but the recovery rate is 90%.

I'm worried about the old fart, 'cause he's a miserable, outta shape bastiche who's already had his share of medical misadventures.

Please send your prayers and/or kharmic good thoughts towards Barry and Sheila and let's try to get two things to happen --

1 -- Get the sorry buttplug well, and

2 -- Try to break him of his "goat-ish" habits.

My thoughts are with ya, buddy.

'Howie

[SIZE=8pt](admins, I know this isn't "FJR Specific" but I didn't want it to get lost in the "noise" in "Other". Move at your discretion)[/SIZE]

edit: Might have to think about changin' my avatar. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, here's wishing Bustanut a speed and full recovery

Not so seriously...barnyard animals?!?!?! Really?!?! :)

Bust always has to be on the forefront of things: first with the anus shaving, and now bringing RVF to the states. Sometimes it's OK to just hang back with the rest of the pack!

My wife heard he had a weird virus, and she asked, "WTF, did he get it from sheep?" :lol: I read further and found out old bust did go too far this time. Get well Barry. :eek:

Figures everybody is worried about swine flu and he gets sheep flu. Different drummer, I guess. Word has it there are sheep attacking people left and right...

BS_070816091658406_wideweb__300x375.jpg

Bust, sending you a little of the healing energy that I've been so blessed to receive over the past few months.

Mizz B, sending you strength to get through this cause I'm guessin' he's gonna be a cranky SOB for awhile. ;)

Bust, sending you a little of the healing energy that I've been so blessed to receive over the past few months.
Mizz B, sending you strength to get through this cause I'm guessin' he's gonna be a cranky SOB for awhile. ;)
Nah, he's a man. We only get cranky when we have head colds. Whiney maybe....

My God, girl... it's good to see you posting again!

I add my hopes that Bust has a quick and uneventful recovery process.... I hear it can be BAAAaaaaaaad! :blink:

Get well, my man!

Don

MizzBustanut took the old codger to the clinic today with flu-like symptoms. With H1N1 all over the place these days, it's a wise precaution.

But does Bustanut Joker have Swine Flu? Wouldn't be surprised, considering his "hobby".....but NOOOOOO, he's got to go one better --

Quoting from Wikipedia,

"Rift Valley Fever (RVF) is a viral infectious disease that can be transmitted from non-human animals, both wild and domestic, to humans causing fever.
In "real" terms...you can catch it from a goat, sheep or cow. Really? REALLY? Is ANYONE surprised if anyone could catch something from a goat, who on the forum would it be?

"RVF outbreaks occur across sub-Saharan Africa, with outbreaks occurring elsewhere infrequently (but sometimes severely - in Egypt in 1977-78, several million people were infected and thousands died during a violent epidemic. In Kenya in 1998, the virus claimed the lives of over 400 Kenyans. In September 2000 an outbreak was confirmed in Saudi Arabia and Yemen)."
Unfortunately, there is a fatality rate of 1 in 10, but considering the main geography of outbreaks is normally limited to sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle East, our doctors and medical facilities can probably get a handle on the infection.

This poor bastard is gonna be fookin miserable for a week but the recovery rate is 90%.

I'm worried about the old fart, 'cause he's a miserable, outta shape bastiche who's already had his share of medical misadventures.

Please send your prayers and/or kharmic good thoughts towards Barry and Sheila and let's try to get two things to happen --

'Howie

[SIZE=8pt](admins, I know this isn't "FJR Specific" but I didn't want it to get lost in the "noise" in "Other". Move at your discretion)[/SIZE]

Sounds like this back woods flu shouldn't effect you from using a keyboard -- hope to see your words soon. The best to you.

Barry, Get well Brother and take good care of yourself! HotRodZilla and Papa Chuy will keep RadioHowie under control while you're recuperating, so we will cover for you in that job. Here in the Southwest we have a deadly virus that is spread by rodents such as our deer mice and ground squirrels: Hantavirus. One of my Metro Mechanical pipefitters, Navajo Rowdy Beyale, lost two family members up on the Four Corners Reservation. There are still often reported cased here in Arizona.

https://www.referencecenter.com/ref/referen...r1clk&flv=1 Still a big health risk in AZ

Hope he feels better but move this thread!!!!!!!!

Quoting from Wikipedia,

'Howie

BJ,

You really don't have to come down with new exotic diseases to make everyone pity you. We already do. And we're just gonna make fun of you either way... Now get well you crusty ole SOB!!

:p

Get well soon... We need you back here keeping everyone in shape...Rift Valley Fever huh? Africa / Sheep... I can just see future threads... Get healthy quick. Rich

Get well Barry! Ye gads, I didn't know you had enough blood in your alcohol system to support viruses or germs :lol:

Dang it Barry! Best wishes. Make sure the Miss BustAnut keeps the anus shaves up. You'll stay cooler that way.. :lol: