My FJR gets a new roommate

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwhd

Reaction score
I'd been toying with the idea of picking up a nice /6 or /7 to futz around on when out of the blue my brother calls from Kansas and says his neighbor has an old BMW and wants to get rid of it.

R100RT_1_Sm.JPG

It's a '91 with 75k miles. Hadn't been ridden in a year. I called a couple of folks to get an idea of what it was worth and then bought it sight unseen. I'll pick it up in a week or so. I think it kinda goes well with the FJR don't you B)

To bad that front seat section don't fit the fjr You could sell it to 818 guy... save his jewels :rolleyes:

Nice bike btw. Price?

:jester:

I had an '82 R100RS. It was a great bike. Loved the fairing on it. The FJR definitely has more beans, but the BMW is so simple you can ride it anywhere in the world with simple tools!

That's a nice one!

I'm an AirHead too. Have a /2 R60 and R69US. A bit older than your 'new' bike..

but oh so simple to work on.

...and, they don't freaking surge at altitude either! :rolleyes:

God, I gotta get my pic of my harley pulling a late seventies beemer on my puter.

I'd been toying with the idea of picking up a nice /6 or /7 to futz around on when out of the blue my brother calls from Kansas and says his neighbor has an old BMW and wants to get rid of it.
R100RT_1_Sm.JPG

It's a '91 with 75k miles. Hadn't been ridden in a year. I called a couple of folks to get an idea of what it was worth and then bought it sight unseen. I'll pick it up in a week or so. I think it kinda goes well with the FJR don't you B)
SWEEET!! I miss my R90S

R100RT_1_Sm.JPG

Looks very nice & they were a blast bck in the day....

I have allways liked the Airheads. I am on the look out for one to sit next to my Enfield. A freind is on his way to the BMW thing in Oregon on his Daytona Orange R90s and he has two R100rs in his garage. You would think he would part with one, No way in hell is the standard answer. :)