My new KTM 990!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitty141

My name is Smitty.. And I have a motorcycle proble
Reaction score
A week old and have added crash bars, autocom, V1, 2730 Garmin, Jesse luggage, and a 1450 Pelican for a trunk.

Here's a few pic's...

IMG_3436.jpg

IMG_3444.jpg

IMG_3442.jpg

IMG_3441.jpg

IMG_3440.jpg

IMG_3438.jpg

Very nice Smitty!

I have to say, I like the looks of those bags better than the other ones you had.

That's cool Smitty.

Love those side bag floatation devices, in the event you have to ditch at sea. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=116905 "A Mighty KTM Adventure. This is one kick ass take no fucking prisoners motocicleta for exploring Mexico and South America!" Congratulations on your new KTM 990 Adventure.

My quotation above is from my Ride Report on riding the mountainous dirt roads around Real de Catorce, in Central Mexico.

Smitty, these roads were very rough and out of the nine motos, three were KTM 950 Adventures and they did the very best!

Leader Barak, Texas Mike and Texas Steve had all lowered their front sprockets by one tooth and added two teeth to the rear sprockets: To give them a better "digger" ratio for the loose shale rock and sandy loamy river bottoms we crossed.

Don't forget mi amigo Smitty, number of us in Arizona are riding to Guatemala, October of 2010. You are definitely invited!!

Dang, Mr.Smitty, didn't you have of these just 4 months and 6 bikes ago? :rofl:

..and it looks like MadMike got first dibs, so I'm grabbing 2nd dibs when you get bored with Orangie! :lol:

Smitty I have to ask you why did you get rid of the Adventurer for the KTM.
What are the pluses and minuses of both bikes?

TIA
KTM is thinner and lighter. BMW left a bad taste in my mouth. I was thinking of buying a 800 GS and asked what my 1200 that I gave $22,000+ for 4 months ago was worth. They told me $15,000... -$7000. loss in four short months.. One of the reasons I sold I was afraid I would have to pay someone to that POS by the end of summer.

The 08 I had was missing half the air filter for 7000 miles. It was pushed inside the airbox from the factory. BMW and the dealer I bought it from said all the dirt, gravel and crap inside the air box would not hurt anything. I traded at another dealer (he did know the history and also tried to get BMW to kick in some go faith money) but BMW NA said it was under warranty and not to worry. To put it BMW SUCKS and I will never own another over price piece of German shit again.

Other than that, it was a neat bike...

The case on back is a Pelican 1450.... Smitty

Smitty I have to ask you why did you get rid of the Adventurer for the KTM.
What are the pluses and minuses of both bikes?

TIA
To put it BMW SUCKS and I will never own another over price piece of German shit again.
well that makes my mind up. just gonna have to buy/build that 690 enduro/adventure.

Uhm...where do we put our name on the list for when you sell it next year? :unsure:
:p
If your waiting until next year you will be too late. He does not keep them that long. It is one good looking bike though and you can be sure it will be immaculate when he sells it in a few months. Few if any people takes better care of a bike than Smitty. If only he didn't beat his dogs. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking roller blades will be the successor wheels.

Chester

Puuuurty. The Great Pumpkin is alive and well, and transporting Smitty's (insert your own adjective here) ass. At least for six months or so!

Can't wait to personally thrash that S.O.B.!

And dayem, those Jesse bags sure look fine in that color powdercoat. How about some photos with them opened up and full of all your favorite sex toys so we can get an idea of how volumnuious they are?

Congrats on the wanna-be kraut bike my friend!

Love the new bike, Smitty! Congratulations. Whatever you ride, you sure know how to get the most out of it.

I hope to see you again soon.