My route to NERDS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrob1300

Frost-back1 IBA 34867 / Brown Sider 002/ Dark Side
Reaction score
So I left Monday morning to go to NERDS. It's really only 8hrs from my place so with a little extra time on my hands I looked at the states I've not visited yet. So first up was Delaware. It's just over 500 miles to Wilmington DE. Off I go. Nice ride down with a mix of slab and secondary roads.

Tuesday I leave about 8:30am and cross into New Jersey on this awsome bridge.

P8150110.jpg

A quick stop in Atlantic City. I road my bike up onto the boardwalk.

P8150114.jpg

North to NY NY. I crossed the Varrazano Bridge and into the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel to get to Manhattan.

P8160117.jpg

Looking along West St. these drivers don't give up an inch.

P8160121.jpg

Went through a large assembly of fire trucks and personnel. Nobody seemed to be in a hurry to offload any equipment. Hopefully a false alarm.

P8160123.jpg

I found a spot to park for a few minutes on Central Park West. Sat on a park bench and watched the people for a few minutes.

P8160126.jpg

The view on Central Park west.

P8160128.jpg

79 street through the park. This took me out to 5th ave. I kept going to Madison ave and headed north.

P8160129.jpg

I was heading for I95 but there was a bad accident at exit 22(tire off a truck struck a car)

So I wondered up through New Rochelle. When I rejoined I95 it was right at the accident scene. (sorry no pic of that) Clear sailing ahead. My intention was to ride to Providence RI. Had dinner in Conneticut, Stopped in Rhode Island for gas and still had daylight so it was off to Massachsetts where I settled in for the night at Swansea MA. Today I will head for Cape Cod then swing around and head for Vermont.

See you soon.

Looks like you're tagging them all! :clapping:

Have you got Nunavit and Northwest Territory yet? :)

EDIT: What's next? Tierra Del Fuego?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pics, seems to me one would need nerves of steel to ride in NY around those professional cabbies :eek:

So I rescued this young fella on the side of the highway just outside Cape Cod. He had a brand new Suzuki and didn't have a clue! The bike just quit on him at 60mph. He thought maybe it was a little low on oil but , didn't know how to check. First thing I checked was the kickstand switch. Bingo! Both bolts had come loose. I snugged the bolts back up and sent him on his way. But, before I sent him I told him asked him to guess why I was in AGGAT on such a hot day. His answer was "because you've crashed before?" YES! and riding shorts and a t-shirt is just asking for trouble.

P8160135.jpg

Here's a nice shot of Cape Cod I took from a private beach I snuck onto.

P8170141.jpg

After the BBQ at Ed's house in Stowe myself and some close friends (6 of us) jumped in the back of ED's wifes pickup truck for the short trip to town. When asked what if we get pulled over I suggested she just tell the officer " oh it's just a box full of ass-holes sir"

P8170143.jpg

P8170142.jpg

Rode down to the bottom of this falls for a nice shot and promptly laid the bike in the sand!

P8180148.jpg

This is the tightest corner I've encountered on a ride. It's at Smugglers Notch VT

P8180150.jpg

more in a bit

I found it!!! There really is a DARKSIDE! Who knew it was in Vermont??

P8190155.jpg

P8190154.jpg

This is the awsome bridge at Ogdenburg NY. it's under constuction and has a stop light in the middle where it goes to one lane.

P8200156.jpg

A big Laker cruising up the St Lawrence.

P8200158.jpg

A quick rest stop on the St Lawrence.Almost home at this point.

P8200162.jpg