NAFO 2016 Official Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's not... I met him and his lovely bride at NAFO last year... they are nowhere close to being grandparents... but I did have lunch earlier this year with them and found out they were preggers. So there.
tongue.png
tonguesmiley.gif

I didn't have insider info.

I was JS....

smile.png
Shouldn't you be practicing your banjo skills? ;)

He's not... I met him and his lovely bride at NAFO last year... they are nowhere close to being grandparents... but I did have lunch earlier this year with them and found out they were preggers. So there.
tongue.png
tonguesmiley.gif

I didn't have insider info.

I was JS....

smile.png
Shouldn't you be practicing your banjo skills?
wink.png
*edit*

My banjo skills are purdy dang good I think.

:)

Any guy on this forum still making babies has my respect.

As a dried up grandpa, JS...

Awesome...

smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any interest in some dual sport exploration of the area? I'd be very temped to drag the DRZ out there in July...

Rushes...Spklbuk....LeeDavis....

I used to have a ZR7 that I took to the east coast twice from Wisconsin, only made possible by highway pegs on crash bars. FRJ was a welcomed upgrade! Wifey ride 500 once on the back of the ZR and only did it one more time, because we had to get home, lol.

Grandparents are 5 hrs and 9 hrs away so the closer ones might be an option. Figure I would need a solid week for the trip; two to three days travel each way. Wife is definitely NOT an iron butt rider and if she's not happy I won't be. Might be a good excuse to finish my trailer and hitch fab project I started back in the spring of '14 though!

I used to have a ZR7 that I took to the east coast twice from Wisconsin, only made possible by highway pegs on crash bars. FRJ was a welcomed upgrade! Wifey ride 500 once on the back of the ZR and only did it one more time, because we had to get home, lol.
Grandparents are 5 hrs and 9 hrs away so the closer ones might be an option. Figure I would need a solid week for the trip; two to three days travel each way. Wife is definitely NOT an iron butt rider and if she's not happy I won't be. Might be a good excuse to finish my trailer and hitch fab project I started back in the spring of '14 though!
While I have no problem doing the distance riding it takes away from really seeing the area you are visiting. Spanky and I have done 2 cross country rides. SW-FOG this year was a 14 day trip. 10 of those days were getting there or coming home. We are planning NAFO for next year, but we will trailer this time. Taking the same amount of time off, that will give us up to 6 m,ore days to enjoy the area.

One year old, eh? Is that NAFO baby? JSNS!

Might also consider a fly & rent option... Las Vegas would be the best rental option and you don't have to take that much time off to get there and back... might be challenging at that time of year coming from where you are. ;)

Good grief, Tyler, I'm not in the Arctic Circle! We're usually thawed out by the beginning of July. :p

I like the idea of the cross-country trip, I just want to plan to be able to take my time and enjoy it.

Any guy on this forum still making babies has my respect.As a dried up grandpa, JS...

Awesome...

smile.png
They're a little bit under the average "dried up" age of the folks round here... that's him and Grace on the far right.
wink.png

IMG_1531-XL.jpg
I don't recall this instance?, even tho I'm clearly in it, but I sure do remember that tall-ass mongolian apple-schlapper. That boy could pick the tree bare while on his knees! So, even tho I'm in this "young & potential baby-maker pic", I bow out!. My kid is now 19, and, no more baby making pancake batter from this guy. Nope, and the ones who went to CFR in Huntsville, can at(testicle) to this for me.

endorsed by my doctor,

Dr. Kutsak

I don't recall this instance?, even tho I'm clearly in it, but I sure do remember that tall-ass mongolian apple-schlapper. That boy could pick the tree bare while on his knees! So, even tho I'm in this "young & potential baby-maker pic", I bow out!. My kid is now 19, and, no more baby making pancake batter from this guy. Nope, and the ones who went to CFR in Huntsville, can at(testicle) to this for me.

endorsed by my doctor,

Dr. Kutsak
KJ, I certainly remember Huntsville. I cannot for the life of me understand how you managed that trip in your "condition"!
omg2.gif

Good grief, Tyler, I'm not in the Arctic Circle! We're usually thawed out by the beginning of July.
tongue.png
Ooops... was looking at the Death Valley thread right before this one so had that in my head (February!)...
rolleyes.gif
Many Thanks Ty, now I remember who I shared my cousin's "Purple Owsley" with at that incredible Golden Gate Park Summer Concert! JSNS, Psychedelic!

owsley-stanley.gif

"Mr Bill"

I know why the train guy wants Durango :rolleyes:

The Moki Dugway, a little bit of dirt riding, is within reach of Durango too.

I'm in if we get to ride the "Moki"

Hmmm. Mapquest says 2250 miles, 35 hours and 50 minutes.

So.....OK. Should we do that in 1 day or 2?