Napa ride Sat. April 24

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy Rider

Reaction score
I'll try this again because I got rained out last week. The weather guesser says it going to be 75 and clear in Napa tomorrow, so that’s where I’m going. I’ll be departing Sonora 0600-0700 depending on if anyone else wants to ride that way as well. I’m planning on taking SR 108 to Obyrnes Ferry Rd. to SR 4 then SR 12 into the Napa area. I don’t know that area well and I’m looking for suggestions on roads to hit in the area. Departure times and routes aren’t set in slate. All are welcome. I wouldn't mind meeting some of you folks. I’m not a slow poke but I do like to ride fairly sanely. Thanks for any input. :scooter:

I live in NC. Used to live in San Jose, CA. Loved to ride the North Bay. Made sure to stop at Glenn Ellen Grocery if I was in the neigborhood. They food and tables beside being a grocery, and both grocery and food were great. Loved their Garlic Bread, always took home to make/bake at home.

Another place I'd stop at was the Red & White Cheese Factory. Tables, picnic, bathrooms, food, peaceful, a stopping place for many, but was never crowded. They off the corner of Navato Blvd. and Point Reyes Petaluma Road. Aiming for the Coast they'll be within site to the left.

Another place to check out is the Oakville Grocery Company. In the vicinity of where you be going, don't recall the location. But I think it is closer to Napa than my other two suggestions.

Some route suggestions (from previous rides I've done):

 29 Out of Calistoga

 RT Silverado Trail

 LT Deer Park

 ST Howell Mountain

 ST/RT Chiles Pope Valley

 LT Pope Valley Cross Rd.

 LT Pope Canyon Rd

 BREAK @ Parking Lot

 RT Berryessa Knoxville

 LT 128

 RT 121

 LT Wooden Valley Rd.

 ST Suisun Valley Rd.

 ST Suisun Valley Rd.

 Gas @ 80/680 Junction

 Home

Old Redwood Hwy

 RT Mark West Springs Rd.

 RT Porter Creek Rd.

 RT Calistoga Rd.

 LT St. Helena – Spring Mtn. Rd.

 Into St. Helena – Taylor’s Automatic Refresher

933 Main Street

St. Helena, CA

 LT Silverado Trail

 RT Deer Park

 ST Howell Mountain

 ST/RT Chiles Pope Valley

 LT Pope Valley Cross Rd.

 LT Pope Canyon Rd

 BREAK @ Parking Lot – Picnic lunch/dip in the lake

 RT Berryessa Knoxville

 LT 128

 RT 121

 LT Wooden Valley Rd.

 ST Suisun Valley Rd.

 Gas @ 80/680 Junction

 Home

Would have loved to join you, but the FJR is being loaded up for next week's SoCal trip. PM Bokerfork - maybe he is riding in his area too?

Have a good and safe ride!