Need a new car!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikerskier

Reaction score
My 99 Acura TL is retiring and I am being very wishy washy about its replacement. It has been a good vehicle for me (except for the tranny, which was replaced under recall at 80K). So I am trying to decide between another TL, maybe the S model or going to the RDX or MDX models. I do some light towing and am a Realtor, so the extra space in the MDX (and easier towing) is very attractive. They all have great farkles and neat toys.

Any words of wisdom from the great vendor of opinions.

Luvin' my wee Accord coupe after 6k. Change oil reminder just came on with 15% life left, 30.9 MPG combined. So far, so good. Besides hating SUV's (because they block my view of the road, mostly) the MDX/RDX are kinda thirsty at the pump, IMV and the MDX has grown quite a bit. Overall, you can't go wrong with the Honda experience.

Absolutely zero problems whatsoever with my '04 TL. Wish it was a little better in the snow, but, I'm too cheap to buy snow tires. Right on schedule, they did a refresh this year on the TL. The complete redesign will come out in '09. Hoping they come out with an AWD model. If not, I'll be looking at the RL, a 5 series AWD or Infinity AWD.

Absolutely zero problems whatsoever with my '04 TL. Wish it was a little better in the snow, but, I'm too cheap to buy snow tires. Right on schedule, they did a refresh this year on the TL. The complete redesign will come out in '09. Hoping they come out with an AWD model. If not, I'll be looking at the RL, a 5 series AWD or Infinity AWD.

Bought my wife a MDX about a year ago and absolutley love it. All the farkles you could want. We've got 2 teenagers so the room is nice for vacations.

We have an MDX and are very happy with it... much roomier than similar vehicles. Not much balls but my wife drives it primarily.I should mention that I love my Nissan Armada. That's a great SUV. BTW those FJR's are pretty hot too.Those japs make great vehicles. I just got rid of a Volvo convertible that was a POS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to the Auto Show here in Portland today and must have touched a couple of hundred vehicles and still wound up liking the 07 Acura MDX best with the TL (S) next. So, I will probably get that puppy, with the tech package.

I did spend a lot of time drooling over an orange Lamborghini. (and numerous other incredible exotics)

Thanks for the helpful comments!

:) wow my favorite car I took an 06 accura TL for a test drive 3.2 six speed tranny and drive by wire (had a remote feeling from being detached from the throttle) truly a nice car let me know what you buy