• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Need GEN II fork or internals

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greb

Reaction score
While rebuilding my forks I was installing the bottom bolt to spec for the damper rod assembly and the female threads of the damper rod sheared. Please help, this part is the most expensive part of the fork assy and is backordered most places.

You need a compression valve assembly to replace the broken one, or are you looking for a complete cartridge assembly? You will need some special tools to torch apart the cartridge and replace only the compression valve.

I probably have an extra compression valve, just want to make sure you are prepared for replacing it. Or, I could replace the compression valve for you if you ship the cartridge to me.

The big question is, have you managed to get the broken piece out of the fork yet? That can be tough!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried removing the compression valve (thought it twisted out, however the flats on the compression valve started to mar up and the brass nut on the cartridge was about to give as well so I gave up. I don't have a torch. Is it a press fit or threaded?

Thanks for the help! I'd be interested in sending my cartridge to you. Name your price. Too bad I don't live near you anymore, I left NC in 2009. I was about an hour from Richlands.