• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Need good deal on Schuberth helmet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FC-Moto shows that helmet shipped to US for $525 as of this morning (changes slightly with the exchange rate). If you just look on their website, it shows the price being higher. You have to log in, put it in your basket, then look at the basket. Since you are not UK, VAT charges will be removed and it will be way cheaper than the first price you saw.

I just received my Schuberth R1 yesterday from FC-Moto. It took less than 2 weeks, even though I chose the slower, half the price DHL shipping. $600 helmet for just over $300.

I also bought my Daytona boots from these guys a couple years ago and saved over $100 versus what the US distributer charges. If it's made in Germany, check FC-Moto!!

Schuberth C3

FC-Moto shows that helmet shipped to US for $525 as of this morning (changes slightly with the exchange rate). If you just look on their website, it shows the price being higher. You have to log in, put it in your basket, then look at the basket. Since you are not UK, VAT charges will be removed and it will be way cheaper than the first price you saw.

I just received my Schuberth R1 yesterday from FC-Moto. It took less than 2 weeks, even though I chose the slower, half the price DHL shipping. $600 helmet for just over $300.

I also bought my Daytona boots from these guys a couple years ago and saved over $100 versus what the US distributer charges. If it's made in Germany, check FC-Moto!!

Schuberth C3

Thanks Dirty Hippie:

Just ordered helmet online and yes, what a difference in price. Can't wait to get it. The waiting starts.......Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock.....

Wow. That knocks about $200 off the price for what is around here. I wanted to get the Shoei Neotec, but it's on backorder everyplace. Ordering through them would make the Schuberth cheaper than the Shoei.

Will this void the warranty? In the Revzilla review of the Schuberth, it says if you don't order through a US vendor, you won't receive a warranty. Any thoughts?

Who ever used a helmet warranty? :unsure:
Actually, I have when the chin latch thingie broke on my year old helmet (3 year warranty). They sent me the whole chinbar assembly with the redesigned latch thingie..... but I think your point is, not too likely you're gonna need it and I agree.

Schuberth C3
Dirty Hippie,

Just wondering about the DOT 'approval". I was under the understanding that helmets from the EU, ie "across the pond" had "ECE" aproval and when manufacturers sold in the US they had to pass the "DOT" standards. My state,PA currently does not require a helmet, but any state that does would require DOT compliance. Now I have not heard of helmet inspections, but what if in case of an injury without DOT, does this complicate issues? Don't know just asking?

thanks

Schuberth C3
Dirty Hippie,

Just wondering about the DOT 'approval". I was under the understanding that helmets from the EU, ie "across the pond" had "ECE" aproval and when manufacturers sold in the US they had to pass the "DOT" standards. My state,PA currently does not require a helmet, but any state that does would require DOT compliance. Now I have not heard of helmet inspections, but what if in case of an injury without DOT, does this complicate issues? Don't know just asking?

thanks

Good question. I will contact company and see what they say.

Took over 2 weeks to get it but well worth it. This helmet is super light. It is quiet and ventilated excelent. Excelent vision through the visor. I wish they make snowmobile helmets like that.

Nice! I wish I'd have ordered a tinted visor with mine, but that should be here any day.

Sorry, but I don't know anything about DOT. I have heard that some states will look for a DOT sticker on your lid, but I have never found a cop that cares. Maybe California.