Need help on valve check, 2003, please!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGroenke

Reaction score
I'm doing the valve check on my 03 (CA model). I was told by a motorcycle mechanic friend to make sure I replace the seals where the water lines come out of the head. I don't have it all the way apart yet but I see two metal pipes coming out between the spark plugs that look like water lines. But when I go on Bike Bandit it doesn't show these pipes nor give a replacement part number for the seals. Can anybody help me out? Are these water lines? Do they have seals that need ot be replaced? Do you know the part number for the seals?

Thanks,

Jeffery

[email protected]

There are o-rings on the end of those pipes. You need to remove the pipes from the valve covers and replace the seals before re-assembly. Look for part 93210-18417-00 and be sure to use some plumbers grease to help them seat and seal. You can find these under any parts fisch under the Water Pump section

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help, I'll go look for the O rings on Bike Bandit again.

Bartender,

I notice you're in Torrance, I'm not too far away in Santa Clarita. I'm definately interested in shims if you have some, I don't know what I need yet because I'm not that far into it yet but should know this weekend. I notice from your posting you have a GEN III, how do you like it? I haven't even seen one on the road yet.

Jeffery

Sounds like another signup for WCR Richard?

Al.
smile.png