Need printing help

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scab

I got nothin' here...
Reaction score
Peeps, here's the deal:

I USED to use a Mac G4, Photoshop 7, and a Canon i9900. I regularly printed pictures using the EZprint software that came with the Canon. Life was peachy.

Now, I have a new Macbook laptop, Photoshop CS, and a Canon Pro 9000. The Mac is OS 10, vs. 10.5 (which is different that what I had), Photoshop CS was required because vs. 7 won't run on the new OS, and the printer is new because lightening killed the old one.

The Photoshop CS has printing settings and other settings that I am not accustomed to, nor have I yet learned what they are.

Anyway, now, when I attempt to print photos from EZprint, they mostly come out with F'd-up color. They can look fine in the camera, fine on the screen, fine in Photoshop, and they still print like shit. Mostly, the skin-tones are too red.

I realize I probably have missed a key setting somewhere, but I need help.

Don't let Photochop assign a color signature to the file when opening it. Leave the file at its default.

Make sure the printer driver is referencing the correct media/paper.

Don't have experience with the Canon EZ Print software, but if it's like the Kodak app., it's probably trying to correct also.

Sounds to me like too many apps correcting repeatedly. My best suggestion is to eliminate all your color correction everywhere except one app, then work out from there.

Course, we all know I don't know crap about MACs.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, toss the mac... :lol:

Seriously though, I can't tell ya on the Mac stuff. However, for simple pic printing without PS it, get a small photo printer that accepts the memory cards that your camera uses. Plug in, print out. Not exactly an ideal answer to your question, but it's solved me many headaches.

Hey Scab, Can you try removing the EZprint from the equation and see what happens? You can also download a picture from the internet and print it out with an with and without EZ print to see what happens.

~Mark

Don't let Photochop assign a color signature to the file when opening it. Leave the file at its default.Make sure the printer driver is referencing the correct media/paper.

Don't have experience with the Canon EZ Print software, but if it's like the Kodak app., it's probably trying to correct also.
Well, with the old printer, you could actually make adjustments just prior to printing. I haven't found this on the new printer, other than media choice.

First off, toss the mac... :lol:
Seriously though, I can't tell ya on the Mac stuff. However, for simple pic printing without PS it, get a small photo printer that accepts the memory cards that your camera uses. Plug in, print out. Not exactly an ideal answer to your question, but it's solved me many headaches.
There lies the problem. I am printing semi-large format; 13 X19, visually altered. (additional photo insets, text overlay, etc.)

Hey Scab, Can you try removing the EZprint from the equation and see what happens? You can also download a picture from the internet and print it out with an with and without EZ print to see what happens.
~Mark
I'll try some of that. I can print directly from Photoshop CS. I am thinking that photoshop is the culprit. There are many, many options when setting up a document. I can't go back to compare my old settings with vs. 7, since that computer no longer works. CS has a host of options that I never saw with vs. 7.

Last edited by a moderator:
~Mark
I'll try some of that. I can print directly from Photoshop CS. I am thinking that photoshop is the culprit. There are many, many options when setting up a document. I can't go back to compare my old settings with vs. 7, since that computer no longer works. CS has a host of options that I never saw with vs. 7.
yeah buddy! just wait until you get up to CS3! :blink: wowser!

I'm with Mark. I did some searching on your versions of software but couldn't find anything definitive. The EZprint may not be up to date with CS or something stupid like that.

...since that computer no longer works.
Did it..............................................................................crash?

[SIZE=8pt]sorry ...really.[/SIZE] :D
Hard drive failure. (same brand hard drive as found in most PC's) ;) First and only problem. Of course, it's not like I needed another problem after that one.

Mac is best for any type of graphics or color art...

When you go to print from photoshop hit command P (or print from the pull down menu...now, we're not talking print with preview, just the print selection) and make sure the line that says printer: has the correct printer name displayed...

Then below that is the presets: line (I keep mine on HI-RES...)

Below that is another line that usually defaults to say copies & pages (yours might say something else, but the arrows in that line get you there)) THAT is where you may be having the problem, so arrow/scroll down in that third line until you see the quality & media option and select that (now that window gives you paper choices in the Media Type line ). Make sure you are using the correct paper for the type of paper you have installed. If you select the wrong paper choice for what paper stock you are actually using you will get shit for results, no matter how you try to change the artwork settings. That would be the FIRST thing I would check.

Hope it goes well.

And seriously, Mac makes PC look like poo poo.

C

Where's my Anti-Mac Soapbox? I know it's here somewhere? Scab, you haven't heard the last of me!!

mac2.jpg

The FJR was designed on a Windows platform. End of discussion.

:)

Scab, will you PLEASE fix the problem so we can get back to serious issues like which tire is best, and where can I find a chrome oil filter cover!