Neighbor went to Romania, hasn't come back!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Romania is a beautiful, cheap and secure country, I 've been riding there couple of years ago. Lots of super beautiful ladies, though. Easy to get lost for an extra month
smile.png
I would not worry too much.

Bill Lumberg posted: I picture him all bowed up with a hot Romanian gymnast with a giant mole on her face. Smoking hot except for the mole and slightly oversized teeth. I hope he’s okay Marcus.
Wow, do our minds think alike! You forgot the sexy accent and desire for espresso at 7 pm .... immediately after those two shots of vodka.

Seriously, it may be good to talk to the police now. Just as seriously, there's nothing like the edgy romance of the former Eastern Bloc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well after checking some of the demographics it may not be as bad as I thought. Just goes to show you. You learn something every day. That said, it still wouldn't be on my have to visit some day list.

Dave

Ummmmmmm, and what, exactly, are the police in Kingman AZ going to do about a guy who has gone missing in Romania?? Not a police issue, boys and girls. If you're concerned, call your representative to help you contact the embassy. They'll have access to customs records to see if he ever made it. If he passed while in a foreign country, that country should have contacted the embassy with his info. If he's still out and about, they'll at least know if he legally extended his stay. They'll know if he's in jail there also

Do you know if he has any family? Anyone you can notify? IF the cops haven't shown up to his house, most likely, he hasn't been reported as dead. If the US got notice of that, they'd send a teletype to his local department and they would try to contact living relatives at his last address.

He may have decided to stay 6 months but I don't get why he didn't respond to my e-mails. After the legal stay of 6 months is up next month, I'll contact the embassy there. Meanwhile I talked to the postman who was baffled by it too & will stick his mail in my box.

BTW some funny post here, one of my friends says I should rent out his house. I really don't know him very well & I wouldn't be suprized if he wasn't into gypsy women if ya know what I mean.

BTW some funny post here, one of my friends says I should rent out his house. I really don't know him very well & I wouldn't be suprized if he wasn't into gypsy women if ya know what I mean.
Not that there is anything wrong with that...

AJ, thanks for the good info but us sullivans don't know the inner workings of your side of the badge.

Well, that will teach you to ask for advice here.

Save yourself and your casual acquaintance a lot of aggravation.

Dont go looking for him. He is an adult and not one with whom you are close.

Dont open his mail. Just keep it for him as he asked.

When he gets home, maybe he will tell you all about it ... or not.

The fact that he isnt responding to email is nothing to worry about. Romania is not known for its highly developed technical infrastructure... that is part of its charm.

Marcus, I wouldn't open his mail without checking the legalities -- perhaps a smart-ass comment here will get John Law from Albuquerque to provide his informed opinion. (And of course he's right about international stuff and embassies. Jeez, you'd think I'd learn something from watching Jason Bourne movies over and over and over.)

Maybe the local cops might want a Missing Persons report just ..... well, maybe just because.

Whatever happens, please let us know. This is the most "different" thread I've read here in a long time.
omg2.gif

I've only opened the ones that say - pay to the order of = kidding I'm not opening any mail I'll just see what happens next month when the legal stay of 6 months is up. Then I'll e-mail the embassy there to see if they know if he's dead or in the hospital or in jail, or he just ran away with a gypsy.

He has no relatives? I'm with El Toro on this, pick up his mail and go about your life. If somehow he's been killed/kidnapped/living with some Romainian hottie...what's it to you? If he's dead you can't bring him back to life, if he's been kidnapped you're likely not the the one to pay the ransom....if he's living with the hottie perhaps he doesn't need the police knocking at his door..

My next door neighbor has been gone all summer. He usually goes out west but returns before fall. His other neighbor has been picking up his mail....but received a text saying he found a job and doesn't know when he'll be back....So it's just possible your neighbor hasn't had the curtesy to do that for you.

What's it to me? What if he's living in Dracula's castle (isn't that where it is?) & comes back as a vampire, then kills me. Well I've gotta flight booked there for tomorrow, I'm gonna bring him back before he gets bitten. Will them Knifes ya make work on the undead? If so send me one.

Marcus, your concerns are well thought out and quite reasonable. You should begin wearing garlic at all times, wear a wooden stake on your belt, bathe in Holy Water and place a large mirror and silver cross on every wall of every room. Oh crap, they have werewolves over there too. Your gonna need a bunch of other stuff.