• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Nelson Rigg Adventure Lg Waterproof Tailbag (New)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Top_Speed1

Panama Canal Crosser
Reaction score
I bought 2 of these, I figured my buddy 'da Steamer' would buy the 2nd but after seeing mine he doesn't think his lil Kawasaki can handle it
wink.png
It's the Large model and it fits nicely on the FJR in parallel position. It covers the passenger seat to the end of the tail rack. It looks quite normal on the bigger FJR. Item is still OEM bagged, ready to ship.

Mfgr garb...

Electronically heat welded seams makes this bag 100% waterproof. Air tight roll closure ensures no water enters the bag. Made from waterproof and durable Tarpaulin PVC. Coated outer material prevents slipping or marking. Firm internal base plate helps support bag. Securely mounts with heavy duty quick release cam buckles and nylon webbing. Strong D-rings allow more Survivor bags to be attached. Can be mounted across or along seat or tail section. Hi-Visibility reflective webbing. Quickly attaches to most factory tail racks or hard saddlebags. Compression straps easily adjust to the volume of content. Includes carry handles and detachable adjustable shoulder strap. Main compartment measures: Large: 26L x 12W x 14H Holds 71.59 Liters.

$85.00 shipped via USPS (lower 48).

I prefer PayPal and I always include a tracking email!

%24T2eC16ZHJGUFFhzP3VkYBSU0D-!e9Q~~60_57.JPG

%24(KGrHqJHJEEFJ!84PRjHBSU0EjwJ,!~~60_57.JPG

Any chance this bag could instead be oriented sideways across the passenger seat and over the side cases? Not sure how wide it ends up being in comparison.

Have a top case on my '08, so the parallel setup wouldn't work, but if it can work perpendicular, more waterproof storage is always good for trips.

Any chance this bag could instead be oriented sideways across the passenger seat and over the side cases? Not sure how wide it ends up being in comparison.
Have a top case on my '08, so the parallel setup wouldn't work, but if it can work perpendicular, more waterproof storage is always good for trips.
I don't see why it wouldn't work sideways on the back seat...that's the way that I use my Ortlieb Dry Bag. And the Nelson Rigg even comes with the mounting straps

I have a Wolfman bag very similar to this and I typically use it cross-ways on the pillion seat (top case in place), hanging over the side cases a bit. Works fine that way.I imagine this one would be the same, although I don't know the exact size of the thing. It might rub the paint finish on the side case lids a bit, though my cases have enogh scuffs on them already that I don't care so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
It could go perpendicular vs the parallel (as pictured) with the bike.

Just would have to use bungee straps/cords I guess.

Like Top_Speed1 himself, this bag can be mounted either way...
smile.png
Sorry, it was too easy.

I have this bag and I run it crossways of the bike instead of longways. The straps are long enough with enough adjustment to do all sorts of things. Honestly, this has been a very useful and wonderful piece of luggage. The straps are good enough that I can adjust them to use the bag for a backrest. I bought mine for my trip Out West this year and love it. A friend of mine borrowed it for his first "long" ride on his Harley Wide Glide. He also used it as a backrest turning it like the pic above. A great bag.