NERDS check in please....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We made it home at 6:00pm (left Stowe at 8:00am) . . . we got to do the Rain Gear Dance a lot and made it home safe, sound, and very thankful for good rain gear and the Ventures BIG fairings.

A very special "Thank You!" to everyone for being the warm, kind, and friendly people you are . . . this was Lori's first group ride and she had a blast!

It was great to see everyone again and to make some new friends.

Ed, Fred and I'm sure a host of others . . . you guys did a great job . . . the routes and planning were fantastic.

Tom . . . a very special thank you for kicking this off back in 2008 . . .who would have ever thought!

Harlan & Loriann

The Bluejag's are back home with many great memories of a most awesome weekend of riding the Vermont country side (and everything in between)with some really great friend's. It was great to meet so many new people,enjoy a ton of laughs share what was an amazing week that could not have been done without the very hard work from Fred, Ed, Grace and Josh, Alan and Tom and all those who came from near and far to attend and make this such a huge success!!

Thank you all !

I'm back home 11 hours later. Rain started in Fairfax(?) and didn't friggin stop till after Ottawa. Just like my trip down! Worst part was I stopped for lunch in Renfrew just outside of Ottawa and saw some blue sky so I peeled off the rainsuit. Sat down with a bowl of Chilli only to see it start raining again! ARG!

Great seeing old friends, making new ones and some great riding.

Hey, good times good times! When do we get to do it again!

Now, where's my bed...

Good Day,

Made it home about 5:30, got really wet due to my short excursion north. Thanks to Ed and Fred for making this a great event. Also thanks to everyone for being so friendly and "entertaining".

Glenn

Marcia and I made it back to Lincoln NH early afternoon. We would like to thank all the folks that had a hand in this rally for a really great 4 days. I know it's early but I sure hope this is going to happen again next year.

George & Marcia

Edit:Back in RI at 10:30 Sunday
+1

Having attended my very first FJR rally, I must say it was fantastic!! Peeps.................roads.............bikes..............beer........sheep :blink:

Thanks to the organizers!! Well done guys!!!

I arrived very wet at noon today.

I got home at 12:30. Packed for all the predicted rain but never saw a drop. Had a pleasant ride with MEM, Ross, and Ellen. We waved goodby to Ellen in Lancaster, NH,as she headed north to Colebrook and Errol, the fun way to Rangely.

I said adios to the others in Dixfield ME, was home 30 mins later. This was one of the best rallies yet. Thanks to all who helped put this together. I think some of the other rallies can learn a little from NERDS.

Left at 7:30 this AM and took all back roads. So many lefts and rights it was amazing! Met up with MEM in Rumford Maine. She and her riding buddies were stopping at an auto parts store. I continued on up through Rt2 and got about 5 miles from home and the sky opened up! Piece of cake! I'm very thankful thats all the rain I saw. Got home at 5:10 PM.

Cant tell you enough how much fun Lisa and I had! It was nice seeing old friends and finally meeting others. You couldnt ask for a better week.....the only weird thing that happened to me is that 2 nights ago (I just couldnt bring myself to tell Busta) Dolly came knocking on my door looking for some company...I was strong though and resisted! :rolleyes:

Fred and Ed, thank you for pulling this together. NERDS will be a hard act to follow!

Chris

Michelle and I made it back at around 9:00 PM this evening. Torrential downpour in southern Vermont for about 1/2 hour but otherwise uneventful. Thanks to all for a great time.

Add MEM to the grateful and well-satisfied "Fred & Ed NERDS" fanbase ! And I echo the sentiment that it's always fabulous to see old friends and to make new ones.

Home at 19:50h my time.

Sweet honourable ... I-95 north of Bangor has to be one of the all-time biggest yawns on the continent :blink: Nothing but trees and asphalt; no hills, no curves, no civilization. It's too boring for even forest rats and swamp donkeys.

The flip side, of course, is that there's very little traffic and LEO's are rare as hen's teeth so a rocketship the Feej can blow right through to the border (and I normally do). But Ross held me up tonight. I'll let HIM tell you story ;)

Hot, looong day and only a sprinkle of rain at the border - not even enough for rain gear.

Cheers to Fred & Ed and their respective helpers! See some of you at EOM :drinks:

Thanks to all of you that were involved in organizing the rally. We all understand the effort involved and appreciate it.

It was great reintegrating with the FJR crowd. Thanks for making me welcome.

Ride home for Ian, Bill, Owen, Colin, Charley and myself involved a cross country run across NE NY which included a nice dry fast run over App Gap and Tracy and a partly dry run over Blue Ridge Rd. at more reasonable speeds. We were in rain gear from that point on for the rest of the run. Shakin(Ian) was running lead and guided us up to the bridge crossing at Ogdensburg where the rain really started to hammer down. After the requisite stop at Tim Horton's for Yamafitter(Bill), we again headed out into the rain. When the temperature dropped 3C/6F in about a minute and the rain started coming horizontally, we headed for Denny's to warm up and fill up. That gave the weather a chance to clear so rest of the run was comparatively uneventful, if you discount heavy traffic and traffic jams. Finally pulled into the barn sometime after 10pm. Long day and the superslab component was stressful so an anticlimactic end to a wonderful 4 days. Definitely looking forward to the next gathering.

Thanks again.

Philip

The flip side, of course, is that there's very little traffic and LEO's are rare as hen's teeth so a rocketship the Feej can blow right through to the border (and I normally do). But Ross held me up tonight. I'll let HIM tell you story ;)
73 in a 55 zone! Some people just have no sense of humor! A nice gentleman from the Maine State Troopers thought my (our) pace was a little excessive and gently encouraged me to drive a little slower. (He didn't catch MEM - she was too fast for him so he just caught the straggler) Can't complain too much because I managed to get by with just a warning. Took it a little slower after that.

+1 on the UGLY interstate ride between Bangor and Houlton.

+100 on the NERDS get together! Fred and Ed put on a first rate event. Reasonable cost, a great group and they even managed to make the appropriate sacrifices to the weather gods - spectacular time!

Wish my bike ran a little better, but that's still another story...

Ross

The wife and I had a nice ride home (only live 2 hours from Stowe). Even got to mow some lawn before the rains came (only mowed what everyone can see from the road <_< ). I did hold up Fred W and his group for a bit but let them by so they could beat the rain. Had a great time. Fred and Ed did a GREAT job. Wish I could have helped more. Met nice people and even got to meet Dolly!

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Been a bit busy to log in.... got home Saturday night after dragging that Bustanut and Dolly all the way here through the back roads of NY. Then he drank all my good beer and I had to kick him out Sunday morning and send him home to Ms. Bust... she tried to convince me to keep him here, jeez!!

Many thanks to Fred and Ed and all who helped disorganize this thing. This is the type of event I'm used to with the ST guys and because they're lower key, there's one every couple of weeks in many parts of the country. As you've all found, you end up with quite a collection of new friends, which is what really makes these events so awesome. Thanks to all!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll echo what Philip with one L says;

Thanks to all of you that were involved in organizing the rally. We all understand the effort involved and appreciate it.

Special thanks to Josh and Grace for running taxi service so we could get back to the motel before day break! (Riding in the bed of that pickup was a giggle fest) I'm sure Andy will post some pics of that. :rolleyes:

Re; crossing the border, while being stopped (due to a one lane road restriction) at the top of an all metal bridge (road bed too) during an electrical storm, and seeing the lighting striking the spans created a question; :blink:

Should one have both feet on the metal roadway or just one? Is there a grounding effect?

So home safe and wet at 21:30 Sunday.

Thanks to all who participated in making this NERDS event what it was, including us psychos that show up to keep it all interesting.

Cheers until our next meeting.

Shakin

Ride home for Ian, Bill, Owen, Colin, Charley and myself involved a cross country run across NE NY which included a nice dry fast run over App Gap and Tracy and a partly dry run over Blue Ridge Rd. at more reasonable speeds. We were in rain gear from that point on for the rest of the run. Shakin(Ian) was running lead and guided us up to the bridge crossing at Ogdensburg where the rain really started to hammer down. After the requisite stop at Tim Horton's for Yamafitter(Bill), we again headed out into the rain. When the temperature dropped 3C/6F in about a minute and the rain started coming horizontally, we headed for Denny's to warm up and fill up. That gave the weather a chance to clear so rest of the run was comparatively uneventful, if you discount heavy traffic and traffic jams. Finally pulled into the barn sometime after 10pm. Long day and the superslab component was stressful so an anticlimactic end to a wonderful 4 days. Definitely looking forward to the next gathering.

Thanks again.

Philip

Made it home yesterday late.. a couple misadventures made it memorable :blink: A four hour trip took 8.

Great times,sights, roads, and peeps! This is on the to do list for next year!

Thanks to Ed and Fred for putting this together, It was amazing

Special thanks go out too Carver, Ray and the Geeks. Without them this awesome time wouldn't have happened.

I got out of the rain yesterday at a friend's place near Kingston and drank all his beer. I had a plan to go north today but the back was sore due to an earlier dirt bike incident so I went with my friend down to Timmy's in Kingston to buy him a coffee and a donut in exchange for all the beer and a bed last night (such a good deal ...... for me).

I then just slabbed it down the 401 behind a pirate that was running the Harley down the slab at full throttle. OPP were out in full force but I'm pretty sure the Pirate from Illinois had a bird dog on the Harley since he seemed to back it down in all the appropriate locations.

I made one last stop at Timmy's in Bowmanville to check in with my retiree coffee club before pulling in.

Not a cloud in the sky today. Great way to end a great trip.

Thanks to Fred (not Ed), Ed (not Fred) & all the other folks that put on this fun event. Also thanks to Ben & Jerry's for the great ice cream.

Thanks to Jack & Jane and the rest of the silly people for having the blind faith for following me around Vermont and Upper New York State on Saturday. I tell the rest of the tale in my ride report.

Checking in, better late than never, made it home safe-n-sound. Ran into the rain in upper Mass that kept up until just before home, so I went right on by to the picnic I was suposed to be at. I got home late but, Sunday was another good day.

I'm going to echo the thoughts of others,

the weather was good

the Comadores Inn was good

the company was good

the food was good

the ride planning was good

Thanks Fred and Ed and all those that helped put this together it was a wonderful time.

Peter

Thanks for a great ride!! We made it home safe and just a little wet from monsoon but we are dry now. We met awesome people and a special thanks Ed and Fred for setting everything up. We'll see you next year or hopefully sooner. It was nice heading south with Dean and Pete.. Catch you all soon.

Don and Karen

Latest posts