NERDS IV - B2B (back to basics) - Stowe, VT 8/18-21/2016

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for setting this up Fred - hope to make this one. Have no choice, need to retire - work is getting in the way!
punk.gif

This trip is on my radar. As always need to pick the right time to put it out there. Booking the room just to have that base covered.
smile.png
Smart move Dean, hope you can smoozhe it in. Also, we're on your way, so a pickup here for our romp thru the 'dacks will be in order.
Thanks KJ!! I will definitely try to work that in!!

Just a thought, since I've never been to Maine I'm tossing the idea around in my head for a RTE seafood run while we're there. I'll scope out what options that would be doable. If there are any ME people who could recommend a good place to get your seafood on please send them my way. Diners DriveIns and dives made a stop in Kittery ME and see mix reviews for the place. I'd like to hear about places the locals go to the most.
Might want to start a new thread for discussing Maine seafood places. It is a topic worthy of it's own IMO (and of course I have many favorites).

Just got back last night from a bonefishing trip to Andros. Saw this and booked for the 15th to the 21st. This has been our least riding year since retiring,time to get back at it.
smile.png

This trip is on my radar. As always need to pick the right time to put it out there. Booking the room just to have that base covered.
smile.png
Smart move Dean, hope you can smoozhe it in. Also, we're on your way, so a pickup here for our romp thru the 'dacks will be in order.
Thanks KJ!! I will definitely try to work that in!!

Just a thought, since I've never been to Maine I'm tossing the idea around in my head for a RTE seafood run while we're there. I'll scope out what options that would be doable. If there are any ME people who could recommend a good place to get your seafood on please send them my way. Diners DriveIns and dives made a stop in Kittery ME and see mix reviews for the place. I'd like to hear about places the locals go to the most.
Might want to start a new thread for discussing Maine seafood places. It is a topic worthy of it's own IMO (and of course I have many favorites).
Will do Fred. Didn't mean to try and head this thread off in a different direction.

Just booked my room!!
smile.png

No harm, no foul. Just wanting to keep this thread (relatively) clean for anyone considering coming, to glean the required attendance info from. I see what happens in some other "Owners Meeting" threads when the inmates take over. Gets kind of hard to separate the wheat from the chaff, ya know? (plus I've got some ideas for your Maine ride to eat)

By the way, it is great to see so much interest in the gathering. Feel free to post up messages like that ("I'm in!", etc.) I think this is going to be another great NERDS event, much as it has been in the past.

PPS - We will have a tire inflation seminar scheduled to be hosted by Professor ionbeam on Thursday night at 2:25 AM. Don't miss it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jack, Good see you and Jane are going. Hopefully we'll see all the locals sooner than later. I'm gona have to work on that now and put sumpin togetta now ain't I.

I probably should not have to say this, but if you are even considering attending this event, I would encourage you to make an early reservation, and then if you discover it doesn't work with your schedule for any reason, call back and cancel before the (very generous) 72 hour cancellation deadline.

Why you ask? Because this place is a business, and they would like to occupy the most room possible in that week, whether that is us, or other folks. I know that in at least one of the prior NERDS events we used 45 rooms, so that is what I have blocked out. But if after a while it doesn't seem that we'll need that many (because of procrastinators) they will want to release some of the room block. And since I haven't paid anything for the privilege of blocking, who am I to argue?

Consider yourself forearmed and forewarned. I wouldn't want to see anyone not be able to stay at the same place (if they want to) because they were tardy with the reservations that are essentially FREE!

Hope to see all you NERDS (and honorary NERDS) there in August!

"No bike tipping over or crashing will be allowed during the entire weekend!
nono.gif
"

Well, then, I'm not sure I want any part of it. :p

Thanks for setting this up Fred, BOOKED! Staying at Commodores on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.

Room reserved! This is my chance to ride through all of New England and DC-area states.

*Update*

Allen_C has reserved a room (at my house) for the CNY Weds nite kickoff party. I've also have a queen bed reserved Mike the Wine Guy.

That means my inside lodging is pretty much spoken for (unless those 2 prior reserved queen beds want a mate?) lol. Anyways, I have plenty of yard for camping as well. Yes, it's at no charge of course, and maybe we'll get BeemerDonS to sponsor us some bonfire belly-warmers. BTW- there is a gas station that sells beer 1/4mi away.

Oh, I may have a spare couch, but that is last resort. I will do my best to accommodate, also, plenty of cheap-clean motels close by. I can help w that if you desire as well (PM me or post up!).

You could also meet up with us Thurs AM for the ride up and thru the 'Dacks. (Marty 'Oface' did this at the last Pre-NERDS). Our routing will include some very cool and scenic roads (no slab) and also the famed Tracey Rd. If you succeed the wrath and want a "I did the Tracey" T-Shirt... we can get you this (I think they are $12). We will also have a planned lunch stop prior at "Van's" in Barnveld NY (big-ass burgers, cheap-ass prices!).

So, Kickoffffffff....

When?: Weds nite Aug 17th ...greet-up/meet-up is 5-7pm. Make your fun route-in, adjust per your GPS or mapping technique. (2 hr slot, should be enough to gather the clan)

Where?: KJ's (TS1's) House (PM me if you want the address)

Why?: Simple, extend the fun and kickoff NERDS in style! (no hangover stories the next day, please!)

Here is/was the last pre-NERDS kickoff that I hosted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CNY-NERDS Kick-off Tentative plans:

Weds; group dinner at the 'Crows Nest' ~7:30pm (within 5 min walk from my house, as I live quite close to the lake). So park at the house, drink some cheap beers, get situated etc and then we'll walk over. 'Nest's Menu is mid-range, entrees range $12-24. We will get separate checks, unless Don Stanley sends me his CC info for a FGCM! (FJR-Group-Comp'd-Meal)
smile.png

design3_01.png

Then, bonfire back at the house with (cheaper) drinks. Thurs AM; we'll wanna KSU maybe around 9 or so, not in balls to the walls fashion as we have a lunch stop planned at Van's in Branveld (lower side of the 'daks) which is only a couple hours away. You may have seen Van's in some of my ride reports.

I've got some kewl and scenic NYS 'dacks roads planned for the ride into Stowe, including Tracey.

401E80C4011A76A355A8A3F781F5E710.jpg

So, yup it's early, but start making your plans if you want-in, and, you are more than welcome to join-us!
smile.png

-KJ

CNY-NERDS_map_w_text_zps9cp4i99y.jpg

I had some PM's concerning our groups leave time thurs am., and, some about any leftover (free) lodging at my house. I think a public answer will benefit maybe some others who may be considering?.....

[Thursday: 9am - 10am, 10am=KSU from MaGee's]

A few mentioned an easy/quick access coffee-shop (meetup spot), this place would be optimal; Magee Diner, located right off of I-90 (Thruway) Exit 41, you take a right after you pay toll, then it is 500ft on your left! (big signage on the roof, easy-peasy!).

DSC_0861_zps93f62b7d.jpg

Here's our route-in, I labeled the start of 'the Tracey' ...for those of you who may ad-lib this in their trip-in.

CNY-NERDS_map_route-in_zpsydolwen4.jpg

On my house accommodations. PM me, we can still squeeze in. Also I have clean-motels close, and, in the $60 range.

smile.png
KJ

Booked!!!

KJ, I might try to meet up with your caravan at the western entrance of Tracy Road. I'll talk to you when it gets closer.