New EXI Plugs and TBS:

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

painman

Reaction score
Did a TBS and installed a set of the NGK EXI irdium plugs. Now this sounds simple and no big deal to most but since this is the first set of new plugs in the 06 and doing a TBS together the bike now runs better than ever. I mean the difference is "very" noticable in that there is now no slight stumble off throttle and at idle. Also power is now smooth all the way through the power band and basically it now feels like a whole new bike. Very pronounced improvement even if I did it myself.

Also did a coolant flush but really the stock plugs looked good as well as the old coolant and the throttle bodies were really not that far out of spec but just brought them into the same settings. Two years and almost twelve thousand miles I figured it was time and glad I did as I'm now current with the maintenance in case of any warrantee issues. Sounds too simple but the improvement was well worth while IMO. PM. <>< :yahoo:

Did a TBS and installed a set of the NGK EXI irdium plugs. Now this sounds simple and no big deal to most but since this is the first set of new plugs in the 06 and doing a TBS together the bike now runs better than ever. I mean the difference is "very" noticable in that there is now no slight stumble off throttle and at idle. Also power is now smooth all the way through the power band and basically it now feels like a whole new bike. Very pronounced improvement even if I did it myself.
Also did a coolant flush but really the stock plugs looked good as well as the old coolant and the throttle bodies were really not that far out of spec but just brought them into the same settings. Two years and almost twelve thousand miles I figured it was time and glad I did as I'm now current with the maintenance in case of any warrantee issues. Sounds too simple but the improvement was well worth while IMO. PM. <>< :yahoo:

Painman-

I had the exact same reactions after doing the iridium plugs and tb sync. Much smoother and more tractable at lower rpm. My tb sync was real close before the maintenance so I concluded that the better quality plugs made the much noticable difference. My mileage was comperable to yours also.

Yes, well worthwhile!

J-DADDY

Latest posts