• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New (for FJR) exhaust Company feeler

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how loud

• What? I can't hear ya

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • silent like OEM with weight reduction

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fencer

Why yes, I am a Smart ASS
Reaction score
I happened to have rubbed elbows with the TiForce American importer and discussed the possibility of making a can for the FJR.

They do full on race cans for sport-bikes and even do a Buell :p

Here is a feeler thread to see if it would be worth their while to give us another option on cans.

The existing options (and add one if I missed it) are:

Muzzy, Offers a 4-2-1 full titanium set + slip ons

Slipons:

Two Bros

Remus Hexacones

Holeshots

LeoVince

D&D

Correct me if I am wrong (prob am) , but the slip ons are the same for gen 1 & 2 and the full system will work with both as well?? :blink:

They can do a 4-2-1 Titanium (guesstimated weight savings of 40 +/- lbs) system a 4-2-2

He said they would need 40 players to make it worth the tooling

Would you want them kept stealth like with a 4-2-1 weight gain?

OR

Make the HD guys go running for their momma loud?

Or option to remove baffles to do both?

How much are you willing to pay for said system?

A power commander could be added in a GB for this as an option as well

The importer and his Rising Sun friends are watching, so try to keep your head out from between your cheeks on this one B)

I hope to catch you folks for input before you take off for NAFO

They don't make them yet. This is to gauge interest in what to make. They will not be setting up machine shops to make all 3 in both stainless and titanium.

This is an either OR folks not a pick one off the shelf, unless around 40 folks want one of each.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had the cash I would be all over this. I would want the Ti 4-2-2. I have a thing for dual cans....

I can see that this is an effort in futility. Everyone is voting for everything in all 3 columns
Vote for a 4-2-1, a 4-2-2 OR Slip ons

They don't make them yet. This is to gauge interest in what to make. They will not be setting up machine shops to make all 3 in both stainless and titanium.

This is an either OR folks not a pick one off the shelf, unless around 40 folks want one of each.
your poll set up makes you have to pick one in each area or you get a erRoR

Just curious if you go 4-2-2 what happens to the Cat? How much of a cost difference is there between Titanium and stainless? What I'm getting at is there enough weight reduction to justify the additional cost to use Titanium?

Just curious if you go 4-2-2 what happens to the Cat? How much of a cost difference is there between Titanium and stainless? What I'm getting at is there enough weight reduction to justify the additional cost to use Titanium?
Of course a 4-2-2- will not save as much weight as a 4-2-1, but you lose the cat and thats prob 10lb+ right there.

The TI is of course lighter than the stainless and the cost diff is around a few $100

vote system much better! :lol:

as far as the Stainless Vs Titanium debate, make them both.

Stainless for one that want some performance on a budget

Titanium for the ones that what the best performance that money can buy

just an idea...

What about Carbon? I like the look better than either stainless or Titanium, plus I won't burn my legs when I'm riding in shorts and flip-flops. :p

Here is a link with a spreadsheet of representative weights and volume for a TiForce on a 1300.

TiForce on a busa

4-2-1- Titanium is a serious weight savings over stock.

TiForce appears to be a serious player.

I have a dream bike in my head.

It is a ZX-14 with a TiForce exhaust system and BST wheels (among about a dozen other upgrades including a couple thousand in CF).

The theme of the bike would be "Jenny Craig" , dropping 60 lbs.

No bling-bling that adds an gram of weight except the rear hugger which would be offset by the fender eliminator.

I am not getting as much response as I thought I would. But I do find it interesting that most are going for a 4-2-2 silent system.