New Member from KY

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It warms my heart to hear that all the New FJR Owners fall in love with their bike Sooo fast!

We are a lucky bunch of SOB's! The rest of the world doesn't know what they're missing! :yahoo:

Welcome to the FJR family, before you start Farkling your bike ride it stock for awhile you may find stock is ok for some things, BTW I don't think the FJR likes to be going "SLOW and EASY" LOL.... but I know what you mean, I think you will be going "FAST and HARD" soon it's so smooth, you will look at your speedo and say WTF!! how did it the needle get there..LOL..it will be like going from riding a Mule to a RACE HORSE.

Have Fun..

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from another newbie on the FJR. This board is a great resource. Enjoy the bike. I came from cruisers too and the learning curve on this bike is pretty steep but what a ride!

Welcome to the group from Harrodsburg, KY. There are 3 Feejers over here. I got my 07 from LMS as well. Enjoy all that power very carefully but ENJOY!

Drummerboy, welcome and yes this bike is awesome. I have the 2007 and love it. I also have a 2005 Warrior and it is my favorite bike.....Which cruiser did you have?

The FJR is a fast bike and that will become quite intoxicating...140 comes quick.......

Be careful and enjoy, this forum should be able to answer most any questions you might have.

Welcome and congratulations on owning one of the BEST bikes out there! One thing you'll want to watch a LOT though....these puppy's are "sneaky fast". You'll be cruising along thinking things are pretty cool and then glance and the speedo and have an "Oh Sh.." minute when you see where the needles at! Careful lest you finance part of our state's budget shortfall :yahoo:

Welcome drummerboy from Louisville KY. I expect you will really like this bike. I am on my 2nd FJR (a 05 & now a 08) and they have been two of the best bike I have owned.

welcome, from N Va.

If you're ever in the area send a Pm. Great roads around here in western Va & WV.

Last year I rode my Vstar 1100 on some weekend trips with some sportbike buddies of mine. I got tired of dragging pegs trying to keep up, and ditched the Vstar for my o8 Feej. The next trip, on the second day, my buddies were no longer looking back to see if I was keeping up. THEY were trying to keep up! AND, I was carrying some of the gear they couldn't handle! LOVE this bike.

As said above, take the time to get acquainted with your new bike, and then don't look back. You won't be disappointed.

There is tons of info and good advice here. Enjoy!