New Mv Handlebar Risers with angle adjustment!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm probably going to throw the allen and socket wrench in the bag to take to work with me for a while.

Honestly, I think even with the bars angled forward more, they still come back closer... I'm sure at some point they probably get close to the stock distance away or further... I probably didn't push mine past about the 5degree mark. I think the 10degree mark would have been way to flat an angle for me... more like a mountain bike or something similar.

I think it was more how it felt to me... I think I was still more upright, but it just felt weird for me on my shoulders at that angle. I've also been riding nearly every day since I bought the bike just over a week ago and have several hundred miles on it already. So I've likely gotten somewhat used to the position, and will need to tweak it slowly and get re-used to it.

I think it's going to be better in the long run... My back was also already hurting from work the day before (my office chair or something was really getting to me) so it might not have been the best time to really try it...

I'm going to ride to work this morning as usual, and should have a better feeling in a couple days... I'm hoping only a couple times of fiddling with the angle, and I'll have it right... Both MCL and Helibars only change the bar angle 1-4degrees, so I suspect the 4-10 on this might be overkill except for a few select riders...

When you look at it, it's fairly obvious the bars have moved back, just looking at where they used to mount.

ALso, looks like final price was around $290.xx shipped!

Pictures?

My FJR used to cause me wrist pain anytime I rode farther than 300 or 400 miles. Unbearable, stay off the bike and rest type of pain.

My Gen I does not have adjustable handlebars so I bought risers that raise the bars AND swing out 6 degrees. That put my wrists at a more restful, natural angle to my forearm and solve the problem.

I'm not small, rather wide shouldered and the stock location of the bars cramped my wrists because the grips were simply too close togerther. First try adjusting your bars as far outward as they will go. If the reach is too far for you, then consider risers to bring them closer.

My FJR used to cause me wrist pain anytime I rode farther than 300 or 400 miles. Unbearable, stay off the bike and rest type of pain.

My Gen I does not have adjustable handlebars so I bought risers that raise the bars AND swing out 6 degrees. That put my wrists at a more restful, natural angle to my forearm and solve the problem.

I'm not small, rather wide shouldered and the stock location of the bars cramped my wrists because the grips were simply too close togerther. First try adjusting your bars as far outward as they will go. If the reach is too far for you, then consider risers to bring them closer.
Two different models for GEN 1 03/-05

35mm closer and 27mm higher to the driver plus 20 degrees angle adjustment with a thermometer on!:

https://www.mv-motorrad.de/lshop,showdetail,12563,e,1341218414-15129,1254303433.1331054885,901440-03t,,Tshowrub--1254303433.1331054885,.htm

35mm closer and 19mm higher to the driver plus 20 degrees angle adjustment:

https://www.mv-motorrad.de/lshop,showdetail,12563,e,1341218414-15129,1254303433.1331054885,901440-03,,Tshowrub--1254303433.1331054885,.htm

Agree on the "too close together" as well as the angle. Another issue is having my arms locked straight trying to sit upright as possible. Ideally, there should be a relaxed bend in the elbow. My Cagiva Gran Canyon Adv. Tour bike had what is essentially a dirt bike bar and it was super comfortable. I hope I can replicate the comfortable riding position of that bike on the FJR with one of these riser options.

Agree on the "too close together" as well as the angle. Another issue is having my arms locked straight trying to sit upright as possible. Ideally, there should be a relaxed bend in the elbow. My Cagiva Gran Canyon Adv. Tour bike had what is essentially a dirt bike bar and it was super comfortable. I hope I can replicate the comfortable riding position of that bike on the FJR with one of these riser options.
If your bike is a GEN II 2006+ Only this model is for you:

https://www.mv-motorrad.de/lshop,showdetail,5479,e,1341242510-8420,1254303433.1331054885,901440,,Tshowrub--1254303433.1331054885,.htm