• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New option to testdrive a GPS unit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04FJR4ME

Reaction score
I seen a lot of recommendations as to what's the right unit for the FJR and I came up with a solution for those of you who wish to test drive a unit without commiting to it.

I would say if you can afford it, the Garmin Zumo 550 would be a great unit to have with but there are so much more options.

I have started a GPS rental store online to help with these decisions.

Want to rent a Garmin GPS MAP 378 or 478 unit? you can. Great for Marine and FJR

Want to rent a Zumo 550, yeah we have them for rent.

Have a mount for the older street pilots 2610 and like to look into getting a Garmin 2730 or 2820. We have those for rent also.

What about a Magellan CrossoverGPS with marine and off road capabilities. Yes, we have those for rent also.

How's about a TomTom Rider, yes we have those for rent.

Just visit our web site at www.GPS4Rent.com and rent one of these units for a week and see which is the right unit for you.

With everyone getting smart and charging a 15% restock charge, renting maybe a great option.

Again, www.gps4rent.com and if you don't see it, call us and ask for Jon at 1-888-799-6356 , he should be able to let you know if we have it in stock. We have not posted all the units we have available yet but we will soon have them up.

You will be responsible for finding the correct mounting option or secure it on the bike in such a way for test drives and mount it permanently if you decide to order one.

Hope this option of renting to test drive is a solution for everyone and anyone that is looking for a quick test drive.

I am sorry to say there will be no discounts for GPS rentals since the return on investments is high for us to carry all these inventory and until we break even, the price we have is what you will rent them for if you need to rent a GPS unit.

Thanks

Excellent to offer up some options... Kudos to you.

I know when my parents traveled to Europe last year they 'rented' a GPS... It was shipped to their house the week before, preloaded with all the correct Euro maps (though using English to guide them).

They entered in their POI's and destinations and found it invaluable.

I think it was a Nuvi that they used.