New Paint Job

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex

Reaction score
Well here you go. This is what $200 worth of paint and a lot of work will get you.

I'll be wet sanding and buffing shortly, that why it looks so bare without emblems. I'm not sure why it shows up so greenish outside in the pictures. It's more of a charcoal grey metallic I would call it.

Here is the outside pics:

100_2993.jpg

100_2994.jpg

100_2997.jpg

And an inside pic:

100_2954.JPG

It shows up greenish in the outside pics because it's reflecting your lawn.

Nice job by the way.... :good:

I'll have to take some pics in another area. I really don't like the first 3 pics, making it look greenish :eek:

I really like the way the front fender came out, but then again I spent quite a bit of time on it, so I better. :p

I also painted the yammy top box to match. Looks like I'll end up making my own FJR decals for the front fender. I purchased the 04 decals for $20 per side OUCH! Now they don't match at all, I'll have to find somewhere to use them up.

Nice paint job, looks almost like a gun metal gray.

I guess you added the front fender extender and blend it with your front fender.

One of a kind color! COOL

Nice paint Alex. I am thinking about the same idea for color. I like it.

SnP - Very nice, it looks nice when you also painted the side piece under the seat that is grey on all models.

:good:

Last edited by a moderator:
Slapnpop, would you like me to make you up a FJR decal for the side fairing? I'm making mine out of reflective white and printing grey/black shadow around it with a blue tuning fork logo. Drop me a line and I'll make up another set for you while making mine.

Later.

Alex, that is simply outstanding work!!!
hail.gif
hail.gif
hail.gif
hail.gif

Definitely would like to see more pics that shows off the charcoal tint.... very, VERY nice!!!

Great looking paint!

I have this itch to paint the '05 in the Millenium Yellow - the Corvette bright yellow. Only thing holding me back is I don't want to draw any more attention from LEO!

Slapnpop, would you like me to make you up a FJR decal for the side fairing? I'm making mine out of reflective white and printing grey/black shadow around it with a blue tuning fork logo. Drop me a line and I'll make up another set for you while making mine.Later.
read my earlier post better:

I ended up leaving mine without the stickers 'n such. I rather like it that way.
Thanks, but I like her just how she is.

Man, that is sharp as HELL! I love the color.