New Windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is for your double dose of 'roids.....

preph.jpg

I got the cb tallest one, got here ok, installed in about 20 minutes, talllll, have not tried it out yet due to a little thing called snow, may try it out tomorrow

Am I the only one who received a cal-sci that had the holes in the wrong place? Mine would bolt up to the bike but the trim would not fit properly. I had to slot the holes about 1/4 inch to get the trim on on my 2012. I sent an email to cal-sci and they did not have the courtesy to even respond.

I've seen very good feedback on the other FJR forum for the factory touring shield for the 2013/14. It lists for $135 but can be ordered for $102 + shipping from these guys: https://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/
I had one on my '08 and liked the additional still air pocket it created...I am waiting for the new version to arrive at my local dealership to install on my '14ES. I hope it is at least as good as the Gen II version.

WOW....add CalSci alongside Corbin to my "Never Do Business With" list.
I just ordered a seat from Corbin, supposed to be finished mid January. Can you tell me what your experience was with them? Sort of late, since I already paid for the seat, but would like to know what to expect

I just ordered a seat from Corbin, supposed to be finished mid January. Can you tell me what your experience was with them? Sort of late, since I already paid for the seat, but would like to know what to expect
Corbin has HORRIBLE customer service. You can find examples of it by searching on just about any motorcycle forum.

I just installed Cee Bailey's 23 inch WS (tallest they offer) on my '13 and have had the opportunity to test it in 35-40 temps and compare it to the +6+4 barn door CB I have on my '08. The new CB isn't as tall or wide as the barn door but seems to give equal protection and is slightly quieter. It also seems to be more stable and have better aerodynamics but that may be do to the '13s much improved mounting base.

I should mention that my order got lost and was never processed. When I contacted CB's customer service they acknowledged the error, apologized, and offered to knock another 10 percent off the sales price. The WS was manufactured and shipped the following day and I received it 3 business days after it was shipped. CS doesn't get any better than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two things in particular:

1 - Customer service would make you homicidal

2 - Two different saddles/seats (two different bikes) that made contemplating riding on the frame rails as the more comfortable option.

What he ^ said. I've had several and the fit and finish weren't near as good as the Sargents I've had/have. They use big aluminum rivets to hold on the cover which tends to rub off frame paint. They mold their base from fiberglass and it's not exactly a thing of beauty. Last one I had never did break in and was just plain uncomfortable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got a Cal Sci tall. I was unimpressed with it. Called Mike to let him know my dissatisfaction. The screen fit badly and rubbed on the left side of the fairing when fully retracted. I couldn't shift it to the right enough to clear. The chafe protectors flew off at 73 MPH and the fairing paint was cleaned with alcohol preps before applying the the night before I rode. The fairing was stated to be 5.5 inches over stock height it measured 4.25. The final straw was that the shield was milky not crystal clear. Not just a little hazy but downright milky. Mike said the salesman for the plastic sold him some new material and promised that it was crystal clear. Turns out that around 95 Greedees it turns milky and doesn't clear up until it drops below 90! Duh!! he might just tell people that. I called and spoke to him and his employee when ordering, I Live in Florida guys!! Sending it back, it will be milky all summer at this rate and it looks like cheap a POS. Ask me how I really feel........
nono.gif