No front tire tread left after only 3k miles???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
During a weekend ride last Saturday, I happened by two fellow FJR riders. One had the same tires on his '08 and the EXACT same problem at 3,500. Man was he pissed :angry2:

BTW, My last set of Metzler's did the same thing. I'm running PR2s now. I've got about 1,000 on them and love 'em so far...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the feedback. I knew that tires (brands, pressure, etc.) were a hot topic, I just didn't realize that which tires I wanted to run next would be a decision I had to make so early. :dribble: <_<

My 07 came with Metzlers as stock tires, and others came with Bridgestones. Does anyone know why they went with two different brands? I'm glad Mine came with the Metzlers. Ive got 24K on 2 sets, and getting ready to spoon on the next set this week.

My 08 came with Bridgestone BTO21F Sport Touring tire on front. I run 41 in front. Got 5,165 on the odometer, front still looks great. :rolleyes:
Yebbutt....I'm betting you didn't ride through the Sawtooth mountains in Id then over thorugh Yellowstone and Grand Tetons to Jackson Hole in order to get to WFO in Park City, UT. Then out to Flaming Gorge and back. Finally, home through the ID panhandle and Hells Canyon to Bend OR before riding CA Hwy 3 around Trinity lake....all at decent speed (not "stoopid") and fully loaded.

3500 miles="Adios" to Mr. 021!

I just rolled 4k on the ODO (took a trip to Rochester NY Via way of Maine :) ) and my Battleax's still look fine aside from a flat spot in the centers from too much slab, I figure the ride to EOM will kill them dead tho :)