Noob question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apostate

Reaction score
Okay so here's the noob question: How do I find out which Riding Group I would belong to? I'm in NE Ohio, so, depending who I ask, I could realistically see that as EOM, CFO or NAFO. But I see no links clearly delineating the memberships. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Also it's May 2012 and I can't change my profile to reflect my 2012 FJR. I'm stuck with "Other". A 2012 isn't "Other". Just sayin. :)

Okay so here's the noob question: How do I find out which Riding Group I would belong to? I'm in NE Ohio, so, depending who I ask, I could realistically see that as EOM, CFO or NAFO. But I see no links clearly delineating the memberships. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Also it's May 2012 and I can't change my profile to reflect my 2012 FJR. I'm stuck with "Other". A 2012 isn't "Other". Just sayin. :)
It's critical to clarify which group you're allowed to participate in, because if you show up at the wrong meet, they'll pants you. :eek: And then . . .

Naaah. Actually, if there's a meet, and it's near enough to make it, and you can get the time and raise the dough, go. And I think I'd say I rode a 2011 on my profile till they fix it, for the other thing. Or even put it in my sig line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, believe it or not, we had some idiot ride from Creston, Ca. to NERDS. Boy was he in the wrong place. It was so bad that his bike self destructed on the trip home. :eek:

Yea, believe it or not, we had some idiot ride from Creston, Ca. to NERDS. Boy was he in the wrong place. It was so bad that his bike self destructed on the trip home. :eek:
Hell - in 2010 I rode a Harley to WFO and drank Old Michael's beer. It was a teeeeeriffic time. I was truly sad to leave.

To the OP: go to as many of the gatherings as you are able. The wife and I have been to several over the years and they have all been unique experiences that can only be experienced. We went to EOM 2008 kind of on a whim and have been going every year since.

That being said, come down to Caldwell this weekend. There's a little SE Ohio Ramble going on this weekend...

<snip> To the OP: go to as many of the gatherings as you are able. The wife and I have been to several over the years and they have all been unique experiences that can only be experienced. We went to EOM 2008 kind of on a whim and have been going every year since.
BG has the right idea...let your wallet and time off be your guide! Heck, if you're rich and retired like some folks here, the entire summer can be spent rallying. ;)

Have fun whichever ones you attend!

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in NM and have been to WFO in Idaho, EOM in Tennessee, two of Wheaton's camp trips in South Carolina, and two or three SWFOGs. Heading to NERDS this year.

Go where you have the money and time to go. This bike loves it, and you'll have a great time.

And no matter which of the rallies you go to, get to know Petey. He's a hell of a nice guy and is sure to be there. No matter where there is.

And no matter which of the rallies you go to, get to know Petey. He's a hell of a nice guy and is sure to be there. No matter where there is.
Petey is my hero.

And don't forget nosecone - where petey is, there's a good chance nosecone is gonna be there too.

Just be careful - petey's sneaky. 'Bout sceered the shit outta me at WFO after having just seen him at CFR.

Sneaky feller that petey is... :assassin:

Sneaking up on people all ninja-style and shit...

To the OP: go to as many of the gatherings as you are able. The wife and I have been to several over the years and they have all been unique experiences that can only be experienced. We went to EOM 2008 kind of on a whim and have been going every year since.

That being said, come down to Caldwell this weekend. There's a little SE Ohio Ramble going on this weekend...

That casts things in a different light. I was expecting that each of these groups was sorta like a club, but I see they're just regional gatherings with nationwide invite lists.

As for Caldwell, I was wish I could - I read about it earlier this afternoon and was trying to find a way to make it. Real life has other plans, though. But I'll keep an eye out for other events I can make.

Thanks for all the replies. :)

In other news, my 2012 is still listed as "Other" :glare:

That casts things in a different light. I was expecting that each of these groups was sorta like a club, but I see they're just regional gatherings with nationwide invite lists.
When we attended our first EOM in 2008, we didn't know ANYone. We met some people. We went to SFO in '09 and saw some people we met at EOM '08 and met more people. We went to EOM '09 and got to see people we met at EOM '08 and SFO and met some more people. You get the idea....

Come to NERDS in August. It's a really good time.

If you come to EOM, beware of Fencer offering fruit. That's some nasty stuff.

As for Caldwell, I was wish I could - I read about it earlier this afternoon and was trying to find a way to make it. Real life has other plans, though. But I'll keep an eye out for other events I can make.
Bummer. It's shaping up to be a nice weekend.

That sums it up nicely. With an FJR, North America is our backyard! :)

--G