North American Wild Card Moto-Tag Game

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grab for a crane

166BE317-A635-430F-B423-FE8B4A388A93.jpg

Okay, the feed store was not inspiring, so I'm going to do something unconventional, but not against the thread rules, and grab my own tag. I give you an abandoned feed store in Perryopolis, PA. Another old farm and feed building with soul.

C39C47F3-29E0-4CD4-98D3-FA12DFE81488.jpg

So the new tag is a covered bridge...or if you don't have a covered one handy, a single lane bridge will do. Tag photos taken today are the Bell's Mills Covered Bridge on Bell's Mills Road, and the Layton Road one-lane bridge. This was originally a rail tressel, and was converted to automotive use many years ago.

Bell's Mills

FF84EBD3-B72F-4803-BD4E-90E07832A33B.jpg

Layton one-lane Bridge over the Youghiogheney River.

BB648F40-7FF3-4664-AAD6-1CD11F9F7F22.jpg

Layton, PA is known for the house where Silence of the Lambs was filmed, so in honor of halloween, I give you Buffalo Bill's house

D4051590-B0BD-4177-AF8A-FF07CA7BBC8A.jpg

FD58DF4A-EB41-4CBA-B501-029D7EE6D25A.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't do that again please. The tag is the tag. Yes, it sat for almost a month, but for some the riding season is ending, for others there simply hasn't been time to go collect tags. It is what it is until it moves on. For now, we'll just stick with your covered bridge tag. Posting the other pics of the houses did't really add to the thread. Nice pics, just no need here. Grab pic, tag pic, done. Close ups as anyone feels are needed to show they got the tag or to help define the new tag.

no.gif
Don't do that again please. The tag is the tag. Yes, it sat for almost a month, but for some the riding season is ending, for others there simply hasn't been time to go collect tags. It is what it is until it moves on. For now, we'll just stick with your covered bridge tag. Posting the other pics of the houses did't really add to the thread. Nice pics, just no need here. Grab pic, tag pic, done. Close ups as anyone feels are needed to show they got the tag or to help define the new tag.
If you want to set a rule, put it in the first thread. My motives are only to make this tag-o-rama move, and after a month of great weather I can only assume this need a more interesting tag. I enjoy this kind of thing, and hate to see it sit idle. Also, this thread probably belongs in the Ride Planning and Regional Information Exchange forum. Off-topic stuff does not apply to the Jokes forum. I'll be glad to remove the extra photos if you want....your thread. Ask a moderator to move it. I don't think it's working in the jokes section.

The unnecessary rigidity of this thread is part of the reason I don't play anymore. It's supposed to be fun.
An interesting observation. Could you give an example?

I started the thread here because I didn't think it fit anywhere else, but "fun stuff" hopefully covered it. I've certainly not been ruling it with an iron fist. I encourage outside the box thinking on tags, but it's just silly when someone tries to stump everyone else with a tag that isn't likely to be found outside a small region. I didn't have an issue with the feed store. I considered getting an IFA store and posting that. They sell feed, even if they aren't an old time feed store type of place. Like others, I've been busy and not riding much lately. 70 hour weeks do that.

I simply felt it was unnecessary for Tom to grab his own tag. Encourage others to go for a ride, bump the thread, what ever. But if you want to grab your own tags, there is no point in others playing.

Covered bridges are probably more challenging than feed stores for most of the country. I could get a dozen when I lived in Portland, OR, but pretty thin here in So Utah, for example. Hopefully Fred can move us along and enjoy a nice ride too.

Tag on

I tried to edit, but not quick enough. Indians are trying real hard to lose, then I'll get around to specific examples.

Part of the reason I tried to delete the previous was because I didn't want to paw through 43 pages.

Dang, Tom. Yer impatient - we're out in the country a bit and I was gonna get a feed / ag store but have been busy and haven't gotten over to one.

We do have covered bridges, though...

Well it's covered or one-lane bridge, just to be sure it is available everywhere.

I apologize for the impatient move. I won't do it again...
warning.gif
blushing.gif

but you guys gotta ride and grab some tags. Damn it's hard waiting for yoose to keep up!
punk.gif

I had considered posting a covered bridge as a new tag previously. I mean, you can't swing a dead fisher cat around here without hitting one . But I figured they would not be universally available, at least not in the density that they are here in NH and VT (covered bridges, not dead fisher cats). Good idea on including any 1 lane bridge. That levels the playing field. Now I just need to get out of my freaking office long enough to grab a tag.
no2.gif

As for the prior tag, doesn't everyone have Feed stores? How do you feed your horses, pigs and cows?

So we're at Covered OR one lane Bridge for the current tag?

We were at a covered bridge. Grabbing old tag:

PB050008_zpshog7uycb.jpg

PB050009_zpsg3ygdpvq.jpg

Pennsylvania's Lancaster County has 29 covered bridges still in use. This is the Kauffman's Distillery bridge built in 1857 and spanning 96 feet.

New tag in honor of Veteran's Day coming up next Friday. With a special thank you to all forum members currently serving or who have served. Your bike at an American Legion or VFW post. There are plenty of these around so this is an easy one.

PB060018_zps506jnupu.jpg

Nice!

Bonus points for a VFW with a big gun out front?

(I spent the weekend moving furniture. Would much rather have been out tagging covered bridges.)

Sure! Tanks or airplanes in front are cool too!

I had another new tag in mind but thought folks might appreciate the nod to those who served.

We have enjoyed a spectacular weekend of weather, while Fred moved around furniture. Good job on the tags.