North American Wild Card Moto-Tag Game

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here you go Fred

I could email the mega size if you want.

Maybe another adventure could be made of this. For the locals like me around all the Va battlefields, memorials, D.C., Race horse country, etc, maybe people could request remote vacations. Suggesting places, (that they don't have time or money to visit), for one of the locals to take a picture tour of. Would definitely bring new purpose to the places they see often.

...Wish I didn't have to wait two days. I have some really sweet (antique but still in daily use) dry stone bridges I could show you. Got any closeups of that sign about your bridge? Would be interested to see it.
I have a feeling Fred will be taking us to Gleason Falls or another location along the Beard River.

IMG_0809b_zps98a481cc.jpg

Yeah, that was one of the places I had in mind, Alan. One of a few really cool spots around New England where I feel a certain vibe about the past life and times here. It probably doesn't come through in a photo as well as in person, but your photos are always significantly better quality than mine.
wink.png

Since it's highly unlikely I will get around to grabbing this tag, I'll go on...

The significance of the Gleason's Falls bridge (in ionbeams photo) and the other remaining bridges in Hillsboro, NH, is that they are dry-stone masonry bridges (no cement used to bind the stone work), and most of them are still structurally sound and in vehicular use today. Hillsboro's Bridges

But not as historically cool as mtnhigh's bridge. I do love me some history with my photo tags.

Last edited by a moderator:
Checks, you got it.

I can tell you that Alan's photo shot was taken last fall (note the fallen foliage strewn all about) when I dragged a group of our NERDY friends down the dirt roads out to Gleason's Falls Bridge on a day ride, to show 'em what I dun found in my wandering around.

A new tag is definitely in order!

No, it was an optional tag. Checks got it with the stone bridge, We can re-use the beavers later if you get a chance.

But, damn. I just went by one of these today on the bike. One (exactly) airplane on the field in Hawthorne-Feather Airpark on the Hillsboro / Bennington line.

I was temped to go out on the airstrip and do a 1/4 mile "test"!

I guess it depends on where you live. While the historic sites we have around Checkwrecks and I are interesting to you, I find the engineering of bridges in Freds area to be cool as well. I do appreciate what we have, but I have access to them all the time, which makes them less inticing then the sites in other states.

That is true. Grass is always greener... and all that.

It's part of what makes games like this fun, seeing some different stuff to ride and find.

Managed to get a few pictures on Sunday at a small local airfield but couldn't find a suitable follow up tag. If I can find a new tag to post I'll post the pictures.

Grab - Airport with less than 20 planes.

This is the closed St George, UT municipal airport, currently with only one plane left.

r2uuyu.jpg

New tag - A selfie with your bike, must be a reflection, not just camera held at arm's length.

ae8g2v.jpg

No sense reflecting too long on this one...

100_4408.jpg

rolleyes.gif

From "Small Tubes" to "Small Cars". Go find a Kart track. [edit] ...or a small lighthouse.

100_4409.jpg

Test... test... is this thing on? Did I break it?

Prior tag modified to help move things along (I thought Go Kart tracks were pretty widely available)

I have a cart track not too far away, but have just been too busy lately to go ride and get tags.

Bike is apart now for some clutch modification.

Eric (from the road)

Test... test... is this thing on? Did I break it?
Prior tag modified to help move things along (I thought Go Kart tracks were pretty widely available)
I'll go get the cart track tomorrow if nobody beats me to it. I can't guarantee go carts on it, but I did find a track. Unfortunately, I was in a car.

OK. I couldn't get close enough to the track from the parking lot to get a good photo, so I parked on the road. And since it was very close to raining, there were no riders. But will this work?

IMG_0214_zps25a7d111.jpg

And the new challenge:

A sign with a name that can be related back to a board game. For instance, Col Mustard of "Clue." We can grant a lot of latitude on this, so it should be relatively easy. Try not to take too many liberties here. For instance, "Park Place" is fine. "Park Street" would be too loose.

IMG_1383_zpsf8402e95.jpg