North GA Mountains Labor Day weekend

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug36854

Reaction score
Anybody gonna be in the Blood Mtn, Wolf Pen Gap area Labor Day weekend? Planning to ride up Sunday and enjoy the roads for the day. May stay somewhere up there and hang around til Monday. Anybody else heading that way?

I'm in.

Next year

Maybe

One more Little Brown Jug Enduro for me to work. This will be the 63rd annual LBJ. I've spent every Labor Day weekend since 1996 working with the club that puts this thing on, plus a bunch of July and August Sundays with a machete and chainsaw and stapler in hand getting the LBJ ready. It's tough to beat time spent in the woods with a dirt bike but next year I'll be looking to see what else happens on Labor Day weekend.

https://vimeo.com/74156134

Riding with the girlfriend's biker crowd that weekend. I'll keep a lookout for you -- Warne, Highlands, Junaluska Road, Owl Creek Road ...

<edited a few hours later> Here's what we're doing Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Riding with the girlfriend's biker crowd that weekend. I'll keep a lookout for you -- Warne, Highlands, Junaluska Road, Owl Creek Road ...
<edited a few hours later> Here's what we're doing Saturday.
Looks like a good ride. I still haven't decided if I want to take a day to do that this weekend.

Oh, and what biker crowd? I thought she had a 650?

Multistrada, Suzuki 650 (the babe's), BMW 850 GS, an ancient little Ninja, an ancient big Gixxer, and two noobs I have not yet met.

That's my girlfriend's biker crowd. They ride and they get there, so they all get a thumbs up from me.

The group I'm riding up with are planning to meet in Dahlonega around 10am then head up and ride. Probably run up US19 to Suches the Wolf Pen Gap rd and from there, there is just too many roads to know for sure. Be on the lookout for ta red '14 with a GIVI V56 on the back. Grey/black mesh jacket and flat back 3/4 Arai.

I'm going to be doing a lot of riding this weekend. No particular plans as of now, North GA, TN and NC. If anyone wants to hookup and ride shoot me a message.

Well if I didn't have to work the football game Saturday, you could add a knucklehead Cajun to the list.

Maybe I'll call in sick.... (cough cough)

I'm gonna wait and see if the tropical storm dumps much in the mountains. My son David, who has my 2004 FJR, is down in SC now so we may wander a bit iffen the weather and schedules work out.

No rain here in Blue Ridge today,

and tomorrow looks to be the best since Spring.

I'll likely be 'cruising' all the above mentioned

target areas, but on my aging blue Aprilia Futura,

sans bags plus pillion pack.

Look for the fossil in the black helmet,

as I'll be looking for FJRs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope to get up there this weekend but have no idea when. I'd love to make a Cherahala run - road to Telico was closed when I headed to the gap in June..

Starting out about 730am from my house...

Will have griff and my son David...who is a flatlands rider and will need to work on getting used to the curves.

This is the tentative route in the GA area...

Looks like I'll have time for a ride on Monday. I might just head for the area around Franklin, NC. But no set route yet.

Rbentnail, looks like I might be up in your area on Monday.
It's all relative I guess. The Mills River area is 3 hrs by interstate from me. Even so, if I were free I might could meet for lunch but Monday morn I'll be on a plane to Illinois. Lucky me, eh?