Not so Pricey Givi Top Rack?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iiXioM

Reaction score
So on my F650GS i had mounted 2 JC Whitney topcases, as side cases onto a Twisted Throttle Givi rack. Bike is long gone and I'm left with 2 big ass boxes. I thought last night, maybe I'll mount one (correctly) as a top box. The GF finally decided to ride (amazingly enough) and i have a feeling im going to need more space to haul her 395lb Mary Poppins purse. Can anyone point me in the right direction to the least priciest option for a Givi rack?

Anyone interested on this box, here is the link:

JC Whitney Knockoff Givi

Big enough to fit my Large sized melon head helmet, and tons of extras.

muchas gracias homies.

I am interested in this as well. I have the same case that I had gotten for my Vstrom and I kept the box when I traded it in. Where do people get the nice Givi rack that replaces the grab handles and everything? I haven't been able to find that anywhere.

Wow great deal. Better option than ammo cans for a KLR or VStrom.

Lol yeah they worked well as side boxes. I did rig ammo cans to the bike for off-road trips in case i did something stupid (which i did).

The small is 60 the bigger on u have is still like $89...I just order another...it will be used on my fjr. I have had the smaller one for like 3 years it rocks!!

I have lots of experience with these JC Whitney cases and also the other very similar ones available from Bestem.

The JCW cases are a bit smaller. They are the Chinese clones of the Givi E360, which (unintuitive) is a 40 liter case. It is a nice size case for hauling your junk around, but will NOT fit a helmet in it unless you have a gourd the size of a munchkin. The very nice thing about these is that they will clip right into a Givi mount, so find one and put it on and Bob's your uncle.

I previously owned one of the Bestem cases which is a clone of the Givi 460 (I believe) which is intuitively the size you would assume. It is also a Chinese clone of aproximately the same or very similar (meaning lower than Givi) quality, but it is able to fit helmets in it. The big problem is that they reversed the latch mechanism on these,s o you are stuck using their shitty steel mount plate or else making some major mods to your expensive Givi mount rack.

The Givi mount rack that replaces the passenger hand rails with the much stronger steel bars for first gen FJRs is model number SR-346, and for the 2nd gens it's SR-357. They also make an adapter for the 2nd gens that puts a plate on the stock plastic rack (not recommended) which is E-228. Spend the extra $30 and get a real trunk rack.

This is my old F650 with the jc clones used as side boxes:

26183210150210976596078.jpg

They hold a full face large helmet with room to spare. My bike currently has some type of metal tail rack. Guess i'm gonna have to do some digging around.

Yep fits full size helmet and then some..the smaller on for. 60 no way...

What u do is go to pay for the small one and then it will give u the option to buy the bigger one.

I have lots of experience with these JC Whitney cases and also the other very similar ones available from Bestem.

The JCW cases are a bit smaller. They are the Chinese clones of the Givi E360, which (unintuitive) is a 40 liter case. It is a nice size case for hauling your junk around, but will NOT fit a helmet in it unless you have a gourd the size of a munchkin. The very nice thing about these is that they will clip right into a Givi mount, so find one and put it on and Bob's your uncle.

I previously owned one of the Bestem cases which is a clone of the Givi 460 (I believe) which is intuitively the size you would assume. It is also a Chinese clone of aproximately the same or very similar (meaning lower than Givi) quality, but it is able to fit helmets in it. The big problem is that they reversed the latch mechanism on these,s o you are stuck using their shitty steel mount plate or else making some major mods to your expensive Givi mount rack.

The Givi mount rack that replaces the passenger hand rails with the much stronger steel bars for first gen FJRs is model number SR-346, and for the 2nd gens it's SR-357. They also make an adapter for the 2nd gens that puts a plate on the stock plastic rack (not recommended) which is E-228. Spend the extra $30 and get a real trunk rack.
A Givi rack is on eBay now 01 -05 model years. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Givi-rear-rack-mount-and-top-plate-for-FJR1300-monokey-2001-2005-/180847604317?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a1b5b725d&vxp=mtr

Latest posts