Now an Owner not just forum member

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buda

Reaction score
I bought the 04 that is cosmetically challenged (sun baked, scratches etc…) with a new Ohlins shock Racetech springs and Road5GT’s. I have buyers remorse and a fuel leak. Seems a bit dangerous considering how much heat is captured in this bike. I rode it home over 100 miles with the first half in 90 degree weather. Road construction areas with 15-20 mph traffic were bearable. I don’t want to find myself in stop and go traffic . I have always avoided stop and go traffic and even more so now.

I was once okay at wrenching. I still can…I experienced numerous TBI’s and am not quite as sharp as I once was. Hence buying a bike with a fuel leak and riding it home in hot weather.

I have an 04 SV650s that I ride the hell out of. I personally replaced the stock shock with one off of a ZX-14 as well as replaced the chain and sprockets. I walked it to a local shop for them to crimp the master link on as I don’t have the tool nor does the tool library near my home have one for motorcycle chains.

I enjoy the solid platform and smoothness the FJR provides. I planned on riding/camping Lolo Pass soon and it looks like I am going to my own little Tupperware party first to track down the leak. Maybe the leak is a blessing in disguise as I might be hearing cam chain noise. Might as well do it while I am there.

1.How do I ensure I get a green dot CCT and not a blue dot or no dot?
2. Is there are part number specific to the green dot?
3. Are CCT’s universal for all Gens( are they interchangeable)?

Oops this is introduction not technical.

Hi, I am John. Heart of gold brain of Spam.