Nuvi 500 for $199.95 shipped free from Costco

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For an added $20 you can get a 765T which is a really capable wide screen unit w/ blue tooth, text to speech, MP3 capable and you can upload routes to it.

Amazon link

Best Buy link

edit: Actually even cheaper here: Buy.com link (that's where I got mine)

2nd edit: I just did a compare and come to find out the nuvi 500 has many of the same features but is also waterproof

comparo

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been shopping for a good motorcycle capable gps and have narrowed it down to either the 60csx or the nuvi 500. Has anyone here used or had experience with both?

From what I have read so far both units will do trip planning from the computer to the gps but you have to buy and install maps for the 60csx to get full use out of it. The nuvi 500 comes with maps pre-loaded but in order to do route planning on a pc you have to buy city navigator from garmin anyways. So which unit do you guys think is better?

I've been shopping for a good motorcycle capable gps and have narrowed it down to either the 60csx or the nuvi 500. Has anyone here used or had experience with both?
From what I have read so far both units will do trip planning from the computer to the gps but you have to buy and install maps for the 60csx to get full use out of it. The nuvi 500 comes with maps pre-loaded but in order to do route planning on a pc you have to buy city navigator from garmin anyways. So which unit do you guys think is better?
This is a great time to consider stepping up to a motorcycle specific gps since Garmin is offering a 100 dollar rebate on any zumo purchased between now and fourth of july. I just purchased a 660 from 639 bucks and 1.99 to ship. 540.00 bucks for a new 660 aint half bad IMHO

Offer is good on the 220, 550, 660, and 665.

Good Luck

Nuvi 765T at SamsClub Auction.
Clicky
The 765t is a great unit, but its not motorcycle specific. I just upgraded to the zumo from the 765t and theres is a big difference. The zumo 660 is built like a tank compared to the 765t. Its waterproof and has some really nice features that make it easier to use while riding. It also comes with a battery direct harness, that has pigtails coming off it for headphones and external microphone. package also incudes a motorcycle mount, car mount, and a protective case. waterproofing is also a main feature since non motorcycle gps units do not like moisture or any kind. Theres also alot of discussion concerning vibration and the zumo's have been modified to handle this.

I got my 765t new for about 220 bucks. its a great GPS for that price and does everything i needed mine to do, but once i made the move to a bike specific unit, i understood what i was missing with the 765t. Also note that we recently (in another thread) found some issues with the way the nuvi's decipher custom routes comeing from mapsource. Ping me if that going to be an issue and i'll describe it more detail.

GreyGoose