OES Slider install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quality Guy

Reaction score
I just installed OES sliders. When I removed the engine bolts there were washers under the heads. Does anyone know if I should place the washers on the slider bolts?

Thanks for all the info. This forum is great!

Definitely use a washer, either one from the kit or the OEM. The washer supports the bolt head and will provide with more consistent tightening.

Hope you never have to use the sliders...but they're a good investment!

--G

I beg to differ. I installed OES sliders on my 08 last summer. I had the same question and emailed OES. They told me to not use the washers off the oem bolts. I can't recall if there were washers that came with the sliders, but the OES people said to install just what they sent. You might want to email or call to confirm. Mine have stayed tight and no problems to date. If you do call or email, let us know if they confirm what I was told.

To follow up, I removed one of the sliders and upon inspection there was a washer under the bolt head. Question answered.

Thanks guys.

Well, theres a washer in between the bolt head and the inside of the slider, but not in between the outside of the slider and the frame. I installed as sent, with no washer in between outside of slider and frame.

We supply washers with all OES frame slider kits. Use the washers that we supply and keep your factory washers with your factory motor mount bolts. Using a washer between the frame and the slider is not recommended or necessary.

We supply washers with all OES frame slider kits. Use the washers that we supply and keep your factory washers with your factory motor mount bolts. Using a washer between the frame and the slider is not recommended or necessary.
Do you recommend to use blue thread lock for the installation?