Official SW-FOG 2014 Announcement: 5/29 THU-6/1 SUN

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this place. Now if FJR riders went to a BMW meeting would they demand event t-shirts with the letters FJR?

"Hey Zilla can you order up 7 or 8 shirts with oil dripping from a BMW final drive?"

AJ, AZ Beemers who rode to Colorado with us last August said they could tolerate having an inferior sake-sucking and rice-grinding FJR logo on their SW-FOG 2014 t-shirts. You'll see at least 5 orders from AZB: Dave Cooley, David Ashbaugh, Dr. Bob Flanders and at least 2 more. They do want to know how, when and who they pay monies to. By the way 'Zilla, Crazey Davey really misses you; I mean, Cooleyman REALLY misses you! jes' sayin' and nuff said!

DSCF0632.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
SW-FOG 2014 5/29 Thursday through 6/1 Sunday based at the Econolodge in Silver City, New Mexico. Ride the fantastic Devil's Highway and Coronado Trail. Rallymaster Don Stanley with Ride Leader HotRodZilla and Lodging Coordinator is Joe Alonge We sold out our first block of 20 rooms at the Econolodge so Tucson Joe just got 15 more rooms added! https://www.sw-fog.com

Coronado-Loop-X3.jpg

We are up to 36 FJR's and 42 participants for SW-FOG 2014, come join us. We eat well, we will pick a Restaurant for a Group Dinner on both Friday and Saturday nights, New Mexican Cuisine is incredibly good! Party Hearty!

Don, no problemo. You do know about my RD farkle? I will lead the way.
Thank you Ed, that gives us three distinct and different ride styles:

1) HotRodZilla - AJ: "Ride Hard, Die Fast, But Look Good ... Praire Doggin it"!"

2) peg scraper - Ed: "Sporting, but so Refined and ever Debonair!"

3) Papa Chuy Viejo: "Constipated, Slow and Sniffing the Flowers AND HIKING HIS LEG!"

https://www.azbeemers.org/forum/index.php?topic=4449.msg37047;topicseen#msg37047 Papa Chuy Viejo just posted this up to the AZ Beemers MOA Club #89 Website Forum:

HotRodZilla - AJ, that we AZ Beemers rode with in Colorado last year, is organizing a shirt purchase for SW-FOG 2014 in Silver City, New Mexico in May.

If he can get 25 orders the shirts will only cost $12 each, unfortunately they'll have a Jap Crap FJR logo in the middle of the shirt; freaking Rice Rockets!

SWFOG2014_BW.jpg
I want a T-Shirt in 2XL. Maybe you can get the title to read Sliver City, NM!

I'm in, reservation made. Like Adam, its been a while since I've been on a FJR Forum organized ride, not since the riding with Fairlaner and his posse up the CA coast to Eureka almost two years ago. Looking forward to the SW-FOG taking place in late May. Will be gettin' hot here at home by then, but the mountains of the east should be perfect weather. Looking forward to riding the 191 (666), as I've yet to do so on a bike. Should be a good ride, ESPECIALLY if HRZ is going!
FIFY...
Big-D and 'Zilla, I thought you two would want to know I bought brand new tighty whities for SW-FOG 2014 in Silver City. jes' sayin' and nuff said!

C304-2.jpg
SkidMarks2_zps612aa89b.jpg
They don't seem to be new any longer!

Yup...Sliver City and dirty undies...Dan is definitely coming to this one.

I don't need your sizes just yet boys. I'm going to have each of you call or email Cynthia directly to order your shirts. Then you can have it shipped to your door or delivered to the meet. That also removes me from the money. So I just wanna have an idea how many are interested...

Yup...Sliver City and dirty undies...Dan is definitely coming to this one.I don't need your sizes just yet boys. I'm going to have each of you call or email Cynthia directly to order your shirts. Then you can have it shipped to your door or delivered to the meet. That also removes me from the money. So I just wanna have an idea how many are interested...
From the look of things, maybe you should consider printing the SW-FOG logo on the tidy-whities. Might be a market with the Beemer crowd.

Yup...Sliver City and dirty undies...Dan is definitely coming to this one.

I don't need your sizes just yet boys. I'm going to have each of you call or email Cynthia directly to order your shirts. Then you can have it shipped to your door or delivered to the meet. That also removes me from the money. So I just wanna have an idea how many are interested...
From the look of things, maybe you should consider printing the SW-FOG logo on the tidy-whities. Might be a market with the Beemer crowd.
This right here is why Skip is the smartest guy on FJR Forum, next to ionbeam and Fred W of course! AJ por favor put in an order of twelve for AZ Beemers, but they have to be the Bleu und Weiss BMW Motorraden colors on those tidy-undies.

Jawohl, Arnie! Plus, order up a pair for Deutschlander Herr Petey bitte. Danke Schoen! Es geht mir gut, Wunderbar!

I looked this up and think it might be worth checking out when I depart SW-FOG. I'm considering going north to Cortez and then to Moab and do a couple of extra days looking around Utah before heading back east across Colorado and the scenic state of Kansas.

I may be asking for input on where to ride that is not too far off my route, to make the most of the time I have in the area.

I've ridden this solo and two up on my Feej. No problem and really beautiful. The mesa is so steep that it's like being in an airplane when you're looking down from the top.

You generally have the choice of two paths, washboard so bad it will rattle your fillings out or soft, deep sand on the side of the road. Go with the washboard, the pig FJR will wash out in the sand and over the side you'll go!

P6270086.jpg

Dugway Power Ranger!

P6270091.jpg

P6270087.jpg

Great Pics and Info BwanaDik, Thank You! We're now up to 43 bikes and 49 people, this's going to be a fantastic 2014 SW-FOG! jes' sayin' and nuff said!

It's not looking good for me right now; my brother and neice are coming out from San Diego during this time to stay a week or so - and I'd really (really) get in trouble if I left them here with the Mrs while I went scooter riding for a few days...

I hadn't got a hotel room yet as I saw the original place was full, so not sure what to do now. If I get a room, I guess I can cancel, but it's like, if I get one, they'll come, if I don't, they won't. Why? because that's how it works in my world.

That's how it works in everyone's world. Family is more important than MC trips. Get a room, and when they show up, cancel that mamma-jamma. If they don't show up, you're already set. See? Simple!

I talked to Eric at the hotel and he has added more rooms for us.

We now have a total of 35 rooms.

I think this will work out for us.

Joe (Tucson Joe)

Muchas Gracias Jose, I will move this to Post #1 and last post of SW-FOG 2014 thread ese!

PLEASE NOTE: We now have 35 rooms available for this event, you must mention SW-FOG 2014 to Manager Eric to get your discount. Book now, cancel later if you must! Never Forget the famous Steve McQueen Motto: "Any Motorcycle Ride You Didn't Make, Is One You Didn't Take"! jes' sayin' and nuff said, ese!

1390538_695920443752958_670714211_n.jpg

Latest posts