• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Oil Filters, 1 unidentified part AND custom projects!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sradek

Redbird!!
Reaction score
Hello again!

I am an ex-FJR owner. I miss it of course, and especially the folks I had good time meeting here and in person ... I have 3 bikes now, but I don't get enough time to ride ... my fav still is the FZ1 2001, it rocks!

Well, I am doing spring cleaning and few things from FJR days I want to sell, but also to connect with you folks again.

3 Filters:

1. Yamaha OEM: part # 5JW-13440-00

2. K&N: part # KN-148

3. Purolator: part # PL14610 (recommended by experts on the forum)

3 filters for $25 shipped to CONUS. Paypal gift only please.

Now, the (as yet unidentified) part I know is for FJR ... (because I remember I paid a lot); it's a hex piece, on both ends. IIRC it's for the rear axle, but I am not sure since I never used it. It's all SS shiny and sitting as a weight on my desk!

Dims: 14mm / 19mm, 4.8cm L; what is it? if you know, tell me (remind) and make an offer if you want to buy it. Paypal gift only please.

PS: I am doing some custom work on my bikes now ... glad to be between IT project work!

BMW R1150R (2001): custom exhaust (slightly, or much louder than sewing machine sound!)

Yamaha FZ1 (2002): HID Projectors and custom harness (will adapt to BMW for single headlight)

Getting ready for hot oven splitting of headlight assemblies ...

Stay tuned on the project work if you are interested; would also like to hear about what's 'new' in R&D on the forum!

And what's new with the FJR!?

Without a picture I believe you have a tool that fits both the front and rear axles. The tool goes in the axle hex hole and you put an appropriate size wrench on the protruding stub. You get a good fit in the axle and good leverage with the wrench.