Orangevale, ca to Colorado 9/1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrangevaleFJR

R.I.P. Our FJR Riding Friend
Reaction score
I am riding to Colorado 9/1 and will depart Colorado 9/16.

It's a working trip while visiting family in Monument, Lakewood, Idaho Springs and Windsor. I'm lucky in that all I need is broadband and a telephone to accomplish my work...so I can go places to visit and not take vacation time.

Anyway, if you want to ride with me on the way there, back, or while there, let me know! I might be able to take a day off for a longer ride.

Updated: I am leaving Friday for Durango. I will leave after work and ride in the evening/night hoping to get to Durango. My son is attending Fort Lewis College and I want to drop by and say hello before I head on to Monument. Hmm...maybe I should make this my SS1k.

Hmm...maybe I should make this my SS1k.
Honey,

I really wish you wouldn't try to do a SS1k while riding one up and with no other bikes... :unsure: I'd like to keep you around.

ILU
U guys got, like, seperate houses or cities or sumpin'? :unsure:

istockphoto_426252_bad_motel_1.jpg

Sorry Joyful, but I did my SS1K alone. Probably much easier that way because you don't have to accomodate other people who's bodies may be on a different schedule than yours, regarding bathroom breaks, stretching, eating, attention span, etc. I left just before daylight and finished a little after dark, so most of it was done in daylight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Want a road suggestion while in the Durango area??? I know of one that takes a nice scenic ride through Ophir pass.... ;)

Want a road suggestion while in the Durango area??? I know of one that takes a nice scenic ride through Ophir pass.... ;)
Gee Groo! That would be great! I mean, I have been taking this road called Highway 8 and I find that it just doesn't challenge me anymore. I mean, most dual sport riders wouldn't dare taking that road on a KLR or XR, but my FJR flies over it so fast that it doesn't have a chance to slip on the extremely steep inclines with lots of loose shale. Therefore, your ride recommendation would be just great!

;)

:rolleyes:

:unsure:

:ph34r:

Hmm...maybe I should make this my SS1k.
Honey,

I really wish you wouldn't try to do a SS1k while riding one up and with no other bikes... :unsure: I'd like to keep you around.

ILU
U guys got, like, seperate houses or cities or sumpin'? :unsure:

istockphoto_426252_bad_motel_1.jpg
My son went to college. Now I have an office and it's at the other end of a 20 foot long corridor.

Okay Sherri. What's it gonna be. You don't want me doing my SS1k alone, you don't want to ride the SS1k in October. I'll buy you heated gear for them cold high altitudes and everything and the Vstream will be here and we'll try all the hints people gave to keep your knees out of pain....so...you gonna be an Iron Butt with me? Please???? :wub:

So, Andrew just left (a little behind schedule). Today is Saturday.

He asked me to post that he will be going through Pagosa Springs tomorrow and if there is anyone there that would like to ride a bit with him, to call his cell phone. (If you don't have it, PM me for it.)

Thanks,

Sherri

He asked me to post that he will be going through Pagosa Springs tomorrow and if there is anyone there that would like to ride a bit with him, to call his cell phone. (If you don't have it, PM me for it.)

Thanks,

Sherri
Sent you a pm Sherri, sorry haven't been on here in a while. Jerry

Thanks,

Sherri
Sherri, Met up with Andrew at 4pm in Wellington Nv last night and we rode to Yerrington and had dinner.

It was a pleasure to meet and spend some time with him.

About 6:30pm he took off on 95a heading out to Hy 80. Long trip ahead for him...he thought about 900 miles non stop!

Cary

Sherri, we took control of Andrew around midnight Sat. eve. He's doing fine. Here's a few pics for the forum members.

Andrew fiddling with his camera, he couldn't get it to work.

PICT0009.jpg

The required Slumgulleon pic.

PICT0004.jpg

Our goodbye in Salida.

PICT0017.jpg

...and now I am in Monument, Colorado. Cary, thanks for dinner and it was a pleasure to meet you! You'll have to meet up with the various rides we (me and numerous other guys in Norcal) go on.

Jerry and Barb,

Thanks for giving a weary rider a bed. My lack of planning usually pans out okay, but with the biker rally in Durango, every room taken and as dead tired as I was, I would have had to sleep on my bike for the second time on the same trip! Also, thanks for the ride. I had never been on 149 through Crede and Lake City. The scenery was beautiful and the company even better. I'll kill wasps (meat bees for Californians) with you guys anytime ;)

I'll try to get me camera working for the rest of the ride...sigh...all the great pics I missed!!!!! Arg.

Jerry and Barb,Thanks for giving a weary rider a bed. My lack of planning usually pans out okay, but with the biker rally in Durango, every room taken and as dead tired as I was, I would have had to sleep on my bike for the second time on the same trip! Also, thanks for the ride. I had never been on 149 through Crede and Lake City. The scenery was beautiful and the company even better. I'll kill wasps (meat bees for Californians) with you guys anytime ;)
Thought those views looked familiar... :) Anyone who goes through Pagosa Springs and fails to take advantage of J&B's hospitality is certifiable. That ride to Lake City is a definite keeper in the memory scrapbook... and J&B are some of the nicest folks you will ever meet!

Ditto on that Groo,

I'm jealous it makes me want to get on my bike and head back to pagoosa springs and stop in at J&B's bed and breakfast.Love you guys,Tom

I kinda like that------J&B's Bed & Breakfast! Open invites to you guys anytime. Hey Andrew you make it home OK? JB