Oregon Coast June 30th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WHS

Reaction score
Headed out from Waitsburg June 30th to Fort Stevens for a night. Friday will ride the coast down to Humbug for a couple of nights. From there will pop down to California, Jedediah Smith Park in the Redwoods for the day then back to Humbug. From there its off to Creswell for a few days to visit family, then back over the mountain through central Oregon and home.

Really looking forward to this little jaunt, so if you are in the area and see a bumblebee on a grey FJR, be sure to say hello!

Fred

Suggestion:

After JS Park, head over to hwy 299 E.

Take that to Willow Creek, get on hwy 96 North (great road), take 96 to Happy Camp, then take "Greyback Rd, also called Happy Camp Rd and called State of Jefferson Scenic Byway",, that takes you to Cave Junction OR.

Just my 2 cents.

Have fun.

Thanks BigDog, I will try add that to the itinerary, especially would like to check out Happy Camp!

Hey guys, just a month ago a trio of us from Edmonton (Alberta) passed through CA 299, Greyback Road, and another less-known country road I need to advocate for here: the A16 southwest of Redding.

This collection of roads was woven into a bucket list ride over 10 days (~5800Kms, 3600 mi) round trip.

Consider coffee and peach pie in Platina on CA 36...

Enjoy, and be safe.

Sounds like a great trip. Hope you are headed out to Fort Stevens early so you get to the cool west side before the 100 degree hits us on the east side. Enjoy your trip.