• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parting out wrecked 2009 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, let me get some pictures together of this stuff, and work up what I feel is a reasonable price. If you send me part numbers or links to the parts schematics on bikebandit.com or ronayers.com, that would help ensure we're talking about the same parts.

Need a frame, windshield motor, rear fender, taillight, LH Muffler stay, headlight - although not sure if US spec headlight will do In Ireland or UK.
I have the frame, windshield motor, taillight, and headlight parts still. The rear fender liner I have, but there are a couple of cracks in it - you would need to see pictures to decide on that. As far as the headlight housing, you'd have to nail down whether it would work over there.

Right now, the motor is still in the frame, but I am working on getting it separated. Shipping is the big unknown for overseas.

Wayne
OK, I'll leave the fender but take the licence pate light from it and I'll also leave the headlight as it's a different part for Ireland and UK. I also need a radiator.

Is the glove box- or any part of it- still there? I broke a small part of the latch on mine that I'm trying to repair.

Bump for update.

I'm still chipping away at this. Here are some of the parts that I have off the bike (really can't call it a bike anymore - it's a frame and motor sitting on a pallet...)

Radiator

Radiator overflow bottle

thermostat housing

cooling fans

headlight assembly

tail light

swingarm

rear final drive & u-joint

horns

brake calipers

abs pump

left and right handlebar switch housings

left and right handlebars

OE top triple clamp (taken off and replaced with a Helibar when I bought the bike)

v-stream windshield (listed here and on fleabay)

intrument cluster

voltage regulator

Stator

MOTOR

Frame

Good luck with the sale of your parts.

Just curious...how many miles does the motor have on it?
Mark - 42,868. When I brought it home from the dealership after the repair estimate, I started it and rode it into the garage. No hiccups, misses, etc. Let's just say the FJR has a unique exhaust tone with one muffler off... Motor was solid, valve check done at 28k with everything in spec at that point. It had a diet of Synthetic oil, iridium plugs, and seaformed annually.

2012-10-25195830.jpg

Have you sold the plastic speedo & gauge surround yet? (Dashboard?)

...is it in good shape?

So is this the bike that left the road after EOM or another getoff time? Curious

Are you selling the gas tank? I don't see it listed for sale?

Dave

** Bump for update **

** SOLD ** WHEELS - '09 BLACK - will fit '08 to '12?? fitment confirmation is on you. ** SOLD **

I will consider reasonable offers for the '09 wheels. By reasonable, I mean a fair market price, not "how about $2.75 shipped to BFE", ok. A stripped rear wheel runs $426.90 on bikebandit, the front is $455 - that's $880 just for the wheels, bare. These have rotors, bearings, etc. ready to install as they are - hell, they've even got tires on them if you want 'em. "Reasonable" starts at $750 right now in my mind...

Shipping is on you, I can assist by using a corporate UPS account at work; the rates are very, very good. I recently shipped an '08 wheel /w tire installed from MI to AZ; I'll double check monday, but I believe the cost was around $35 or so.

The Ironbutt Rally is right around the corner - I'm sure there's someone out there who can use these. I scored a deal on a Cycle Hill tire changer, so I have less need for an extra complete set of wheels now.

FORKS - '09 - oem springs / cartridges

I have the old forks broken down and internals removed; they will go into the new forks. This will leave a complete set of '09 forks with 42k miles on them, with the cartridges and springs having 21k miles on them. Bikebandit lists these at $650 each. I don't see any Gen 2 forks on ebay right now. Make me an offer - reasonable, please - again, no "how about $5 shipped to Oregon", ok?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have the Right cover that's over the battery? (#73-Cowling 1)

Last edited by a moderator: