Passing of Ron Melton

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad, sad news. Ron and I had a number of great exchanges on the GL1800 board and I was looking forward to hopefully hooking up with him one of these days on the FJR.

My thoughts and prayers with Roy's family.

I'm so sad to hear about Ron,My condolences to his family.

I'm so glad he goy to take that trip of a lifetime to alaska.

God rest his soul.

Some of you folks may know Ron, he had an FJR (03 and 05) and a BMW 1200GS and previously had a GL1800 and he occasionally posted on here as well as other boards (MTF). I met him several times and he was probably one of the happiest and friendliest people I have ever met, and just an all around great guy and a VERY skilled and seasoned rider.

He passed away yesterday while at work in a train accident.

This post is from Ron's oldest son Charlie.

My father loved you guys and always talked about his buddies on the message board and all the people he met with on his travels.
He died yesterday, July 11, 2006, in a freak railroad accident. He worked for the railroad in Memphis and was unknowingly hit by a car and died at the railroad before they could get him to the Med.

Your prayers and thoughts are appreciated.

The one thing my Father wanted for his life and for yours is that he could be a witness for Jesus Christ, his Lord and Savior.

God Bless you all for what you have meant to him.

Sincerely,

Charlie Melton
ronm.jpg

God Speed Ron. We will miss you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting over here, Fred (I also saw on the Goldwing Forum). Ron was a class guy. Condolences to his family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Showed his picture to my wife and she asked isn't he the one that took the Alaska trip, we saw the photos?

click

Sure will remember his family in our prayers.

Charlie, "The one thing my Father wanted for his life and for yours is that he could be a witness for Jesus Christ, his Lord and Savior."

Sorry to hear of the tragic end to Rons life. Its comforting to know Ron was a born again Christian and that he is with the Lord Jesus Christ and in a better place. Charlie, you and your family are in our prayers also. Blessings, PainMan...<><

Charlie, "The one thing my Father wanted for his life and for yours is that he could be a witness for Jesus Christ, his Lord and Savior."
Sorry to hear of the tragic end to Rons life. Its comforting to know Ron was a born again Christian and that he is with the Lord Jesus Christ and in a better place. Charlie, you and your family are in our prayers also. Blessings, PainMan...<><

This is really sad. I just realized that Ron and I might have been the only ones on the board that owned the exact same two bikes. And part of the reason is this picture ...

Ronsbikes.jpg

He and I traded posts about the perfect bike to complement the FJR, and when I saw this, I realized the BMW GS was probably the perfect bike for me after I sold my RT.

Wish I could have met him Charlie.

Oh yes, I recently was born again too. <><

RIP Ron Melton. My condolences to the family.
Charlie,

I am very sorry to hear about your father and I wish your family the best. I did not have a chance to meet your father but I did exchange some emails regarding his collection of bikes and my attempt to duplicate it. He had exactly the same taste in motorcycles that I do. Thanks for taking the time to write us a note and may your dad rest in peace.

Barry

RIP Ron.

My condolences and prayers to the family.

This news is so bloody tragic. I remember Ron from other MBs and speaking to him about things. Extremely nice fella.

What an unexpected tragedy. I'm very sad.

RIP, Ron... blue skies, m'friend. My best to Ron's family.

BAGGER

RIP Ron,

You Obviously where Loved, and surely will be missed.

Tim

Sorry to hear the news of this tragedy. I really enjoyed Ron's post about his trip to Alaska. It's been a dream of mine to ride there and reading Ron's story with all the pics made me feel almost like I was there along with him on the ride.

Someday I'll make that ride to AK and I'll remember Ron's story when I do. Godspeed Ron, and my condolences to family and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.