Pelican vs Storm, the same thing, only different

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm fixin' to buy one for use as a MC top case...
What's your mounting solution? Inquiring minds ya know!
Well, I don't have my FJR anymore, I'm mounting the box on a HD cop bike. It has a nice flat radio/light box rack with threaded inserts just begging for a top box. I do however, have a leftover from my FJR that could be useful to someone. I took a piece of .25 diamond tread (aluminum) ~11x14 and shaped it to go around the rear handrail. I had the guys at the machine shop make me some spacers so the 3 rear hold down bolts can be used to hold it in place. I bought some studs and nuts to hold it on and take some of the load from the bikes aluminum. If you're interested you can have it, the studs, and spacers (provided I can find it all) for the cost of shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aren't "Storm" cases simply another spec case made by Pelican? I have the 1550 which can be a bitch to unsnap so my next one would be a Storm model.

Dear Tanji cell users,

I have seen two ways to mount the 1500 and 1550. Any Pictures you folks could post up?

Thank you

Dear Tanji cell users,

I have seen two ways to mount the 1500 and 1550. Any Pictures you folks could post up?

Thank you
"rickcrwn" posted many pics in a thread on mounting the Pelican 1550, I think it was sometime in 2010. You may do better at searching it than I. :rolleyes:

I found it after all. https://www.fjrforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=128384

Here's a pic of my install on the road. The load didn't bother the handling at all.

IMG_0256.jpg