Pics of my '07 AE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale Franks

Reaction score
The first set of farkles for my new AE arrived and I stuck 'em on this afternoon. So, she's no longer stock.

myfjr.jpg

The first set of farkles for my new AE arrived and I stuck 'em on this afternoon. So, she's no longer stock.

Dale,

Looks pretty nice. I have a silver also. I almost got the black strip kit...but then thought the silver strip kit might

look good too. I saw a pic like yours and didn't care for the way the black is interrupted by the plastic silver skirt

at the base of the gas tank. BUT...looking at your pic...I'm wondering how great it would look if you painted that

silver plastic piece black to continue the stripe around the bike.

If you ride with a pillon she is gonna love that backrest. I have the large tail plate with the same back rest attached.

I wanted to go with a soft tailbag instead of a topcase. My wife loves the backrest.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you ride with a pillon she is gonna love that backrest. I have the large tail plate with the same back rest attached.
I wanted to go with a soft tailbag instead of a topcase. My wife loves the backrest.
Yeah, the SO is really stoked with it. She rode with me on my Harley, but with the FJR, she wouldn't even consider riding without one. She sat on the back while parked and got scared at the lack of support. Now that she's sat on it with the backrest, she's talking about a Sunday ride. :D

It is nice and wide, and it comes up to her shoulder blades--she's pretty tiny--and with the non-slip seat, which is a lot more roomy for her than the Sporty was, she's feeling a lot better about the bike.

I just have to remember when she's on the bike: Must. Not. Ride. Aggressively.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dale, I like the back rest, could you take a photo of the back rest showing how its attached and provide info on the brand. It look like somthing my wife would like. Great looking bike!

Thanks

JLH

Hi Dale, I like the back rest, could you take a photo of the back rest showing how its attached and provide info on the brand. It look like somthing my wife would like. Great looking bike!
Thanks

JLH
It's the stand-alone backrest from premier cycle accessories. As far as attacking it, it couldn't be simpler. You unscrew the three bolts on the back, drop the backrest base into the bolt holes, then screw the bolts back in. Takes all of 1 minute.

Dale;

I like the stripes, back rest and frame sliders, good job! Looks like your shield is on too, correct? :yahoo:

You've fallen for this whole farkling thing, hook, line, and sinker. :eek:

You know the only reason they invented the FJR was to sell farkles. At the rate your going, you'll pass us all up in the farkle department. :huh:

Looking good, keep it coming with more pictures as you get more done. :D

Dale,

Looks really nice.. Kinda reminds me of mine except for the color differences.. I like the Black stripes! I think it looks really sweet!!

Have you seen my setups(link below in my signature line)?

WW