Pics of rear mud guard removed?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROBSMST

Reaction score
Hi,

Been thinking of cutting of the mud guard all the way up to the license plate. Anyone done this? I think it would look nice to see more of the rear tire.

I know that those riding or driving behind me may get more rocks kicked up but that is why you shouldn't tail gate.

If anyone has done this or has pics, it would be great if you can tell me if you are happy with the mod or have pics.

Thanks!

Check out my webshots for some of my '06 after the fender-ectomy. Click the link in the signature and browse away.

Here's a picture of Bluestreek's...top left corner:

DSC06797.jpg

I can't find an image of mine, but it is cut off flush to the bottom of the license plate. Beware, if yo run a topcase, it will throw Winter road-splooge on the lock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that pic on Hwy 36 last September, Mike? I recognize all the usual suspects and it sure looks like a particular corner I know there.

Is that pic on Hwy 36 last September, Mike? I recognize all the usual suspects and it sure looks like a particular corner I know there.