Planning a Quabbin Reservoir, MA Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are two options-

I can meet you, Alan and Co., at the intersection of 119 and 13 in Townsend around 8.

OR

Zoom, I could catch up to you at the intersection of Rt 2 and 140 in Gardner.... not sure about what time you'd be rolling through there, but if it is early enough, I could guide us towards Willard Brook State Park along Alan's intended route....

I'm open to either, but wasn't sure where you might be trying to intercept the group. Leaving for work shortly, but will check back in hopefully during the evening, and definitely after 11:30 p.m. If you were going to be later, say after 9, I'll catch up with Alan in Townsend.... I know you have alot further to come from. :)

Looks like coming strictly RT 2 would be about 3 hours to get to 140 in Gardner..... I-90 then to Rt 2 has it about 2 hr 40 per GoogleMaps... not sure how early you were trying to get out! :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Another great place to eat and get some good ice cream is Kimball's Farm in Jaffrey, should the ride be taking a little longer than expected or folks wanted to stop sooner than Peterboro....

Here are two options-
I can meet you, Alan and Co., at the intersection of 119 and 13 in Townsend around 8.

OR

Zoom, I could catch up to you at the intersection of Rt 2 and 140 in Gardner.... not sure about what time you'd be rolling through there, but if it is early enough, I could guide us towards Willard Brook State Park along Alan's intended route....

I'm open to either, but wasn't sure where you might be trying to intercept the group. Leaving for work shortly, but will check back in hopefully during the evening, and definitely after 11:30 p.m. If you were going to be later, say after 9, I'll catch up with Alan in Townsend.... I know you have alot further to come from. :)

Looks like coming strictly RT 2 would be about 3 hours to get to 140 in Gardner..... I-90 then to Rt 2 has it about 2 hr 40 per GoogleMaps... not sure how early you were trying to get out! :unsure:
We are planning to have wheels up @ 7:00. With my first choice route and no delays we would be in Townsend ~8:20.

This is pretty close to the route we will be taking on Sunday. We will be meeting BkrK12 in Townsend at ~8:20 (Townsend Pizza on 119). The tentative plan is to then meet Road Runner, Zooomm & herfjr in Orange at 9:40-10:00 at Dunkin Dounuts at 167 Daniel Shays Highway (B on the map). C U CJ? (Wish you wife a happy birthday from the 'beams!). Harvey had his ride today and won't be joining us.

Quabbin.jpg

I left the ride open at Peterborough, the final leg will depend on the hour and ambition at the time.

Alan,

Iris, Art (Roadrunner) and I will be heading out from Latham Circle Diner at 8:00AM sharp. After looking at your route, we can meet you guys at the Dunkin Donuts just off Exit 16 on Rt 2/202 (South of the Orange Municipal Airport) stay on 202 South....say between 9:30 and 10:00AM.

Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Jim

Since you're coming thru E. Pepperell, MA anyway, go straight at the Pepperell Spa and check out the new COVERED BRIDGE which just opened to traffic this week! This detour should take less than a minute on your trip.

Mrs Pepperell and I will attempt the early morning start and join the group just past the Pepperell Rotary on Rte 119, we'll be there at 8:00 and wait for the NH contingent.

Look forward to meeting all of you.

I will be waiting at the appointed time, at the appointed place. I will be recognizable by the blood red rose behind my right ear.

Dan

Since you're coming thru E. Pepperell, MA anyway, go straight at the Pepperell Spa and check out the new COVERED BRIDGE which just opened to traffic this week! This detour should take less than a minute on your trip.
Mrs Pepperell and I will attempt the early morning start and join the group just past the Pepperell Rotary on Rte 119, we'll be there at 8:00 and wait for the NH contingent.

Look forward to meeting all of you.
Indeed, looking forward to meeting you too. I just gotta ask

join the group just past the Pepperell Rotary on Rte 119
did you mean 111/113? I'm planning to pass through Pepperell on 113.
See ya tomorrow.

Yo, FRED W -- you have G-Mail. I know you have had a Significant Day today, hate to ping you via the back door...

Your daughter done real good! You and your wife have been great parents and the results are awesome. <One virtual pat on the back!>

Oops! You're right, of course. Rte113 just past the rotary. I have an excuse for the mistake; I'm a newcomer in town. Only been here 35 years or so. :rolleyes:

Oops! You're right, of course. Rte113 just past the rotary. I have an excuse for the mistake; I'm a newcomer in town. Only been here 35 years or so. :rolleyes:
Got your 6 -- us guys gotta stick together and cover our asses. Plus, as a ride leader, nobody is left behind.

I might me you guys somewhere...I live in Southampton, so all these meeting points are easy beans..it depends on how much Jamesons, and how the sox do tonight :)

I might me you guys somewhere...I live in Southampton, so all these meeting points are easy beans..it depends on how much Jamesons, and how the sox do tonight :)
Aye, and there's what I talkin about, ya bringz the Jameson in yurs sox und welz brings the Irish cream and dark coffee. Together, youse and meze 'il tipple a bit and wonder at thems thoses folks that feels that sommat needs doin' during the day...

Exceptin there is a good bit of roads that need ridin' and scenery that needs seein'. What happin' the previous evening is done 'n gone and the living is for today. Were did ya say we should be sure and lookin' for you ta hooks up with us? :lol:

In any case it's going to be another Fine Day Out and we would love to have you come enjoy it with us. No matter if the Rude Soxs suxs or not ;)

Me figgers one hour from the DD in Orange. If I get the kickstand up by 8:30 Ill be there by 9:10 :) ...I can wait, drink some coffee and smoke some cigs whilst I wait.

Ah, home from work, had me a sammich, salad and cake- I'm good to go! Oh, shiza! Guess I'd better nap since I still have ta work 3-11 tomorrow night!

I'll be meeting up with Dan at Townsend Pizza- see you there!

Glad to see that CJ will make the ride! The GPS is loaded, the FJR is gassed, the sun is coming up and I'm ready to roll. Fred, see you at Naults around 7:15. FWIW, when I got up at 4:30 it was 58 degrees, heading for 77 degrees in Orange at noon.

I was quite shocked. CJ did show up!! :blink:

Obviously, Joann and I made it back home safe and sound.

Thanks again, Alan, for pulling this together. What a great tune-up for next weekend. :yahoo:

Those roads 'round the Res are pretty interesting. The sections of new pavement are blissful. The other sections, well... not so much. But it's still a lot of fun. Even if you didn't take us off road at all, or crash that security gate at the Windsor Dam. ;)