Planning Regional & National Meets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although, someone could make a mint w/ an air conditioned helmet. How about air conditioned seats? Seems that wouldn't be too hard. There is already such thing in some SUV's & luxury cars.
I like being on my boat in hot humid weather much more than on my FJR!

When I am stuck in hot humid weather on the bike I load up on ice at my gas stop. I can load about 3lbs in my stich outside leg pockets and not get wet, if I go for the whole five pound bag I wet my pants :rolleyes:

The ice helps a little to get going until the breeze picks up.

I think if you want an AC seat you had better get a generator and run it behind you on a little trailer!

<snip>.... the geographical center of the Lower 48 is in central, north Kansas, ..... I really can't see avoiding ....If I might suggest this: We are a gnat's hair away from finalizing the details for the venue for NAFO-1.
I like Kansas -- easy riding. Salina (north/central) is a nice town and has an active motorcycle community.

Sounds good to me.....thanks for thinking of and promoting it.

Kansas it is, then..... :yahoo:
Uh, yeah... Kansas... :blink: Having grown up there (Hesston ~60 miles due South of Salina), and riding practically every square inch of that state in my well mis-spent youth, "easy riding" might be a bit of an understatement. Flat-out friggin' boring is probably more accurate! :p On the positive side, with all those nice long, flat, straight roads, attending FJR pilots will have plenty of opportunity to explore the upper reaches of their speedometers..!!!

But seriously, if Kansas is indeed under consideration(?), go further East towards Kansas City; I'd suggest Lawrence as 1) it's one of the prettiest spots in the state with lots of trees and rolling hills, 2) there's actually some very good riding around there, and 3) being a college town (University of Kansas) it'll be nice and quiet mid-summer with plenty of available hotel space.

That's my $0.125 on the matter ($0.02 adjusted for inflation and the decline of the dollar against the Euro)

Folks, I merely used Kansas as a reference point for the geographical center of the Lower 48. That's all. Now, go chase after Toto. The wind's got him all askeered.

... go chase after Toto. The wind's got him all askeered.
Actually, I ran over Toto with a tractor back in '78. Flattened that yappy little rodent... And, in case you're interested, I did go to high school with Dorothy. She thought she was hot shit with those ruby slippers even though we all knew she was an easy whore (that's right, the entire football team) but that's another story that I'll tell you at NAFO - wherever it may be..! :eek:

Latest posts