Plugs, TB Sync, O2 disconnect, PC3 install.... WOW!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankenfeejeer

Reaction score
So I have been having issues with a bit of vibration at 4k rpm. I had a PC3 installed with the Smoothness map, but disconnected the it in an attempt to eliminate it as a possible issue.

Realizing that I had last changed the spark plugs 22k ago, and hadn't synced the throttle bodies since rescuing it from a salvage auction, I ventured into Beaverton Yamaha for 4 new spark plugs.

With the tank up, I replaced the spark plugs, synced the throttle bodies, disconnected the O2 sensor (I hadn't disconnected it before), reconnected the PC3, and reinstalled the Smoothness map.

Then I took it for a ride and immediately noticed how much smoother the bike seemed overall. Started out with an easy paced ride down Hwy 18 to the Hwy 99 exit, took the exit, and reentered Hwy 18 heading north. Starting down the onramp I decided to give the Feejeer a bit more fuel than usual and ran the rpm's up over 7k...

WOW!! Frankly, I was startled at the acceleration. And amazed with the smoothness.

60k on an 11 year old motorcycle, and it seems like a new bike. Fantastic. What a machine.

Thanks for letting me vent!

-Brian

That's good news. I have a PC3 arriving tomorrow which I will be putting on my 2003 to help with the chronic lean throttle below 2000 revs. They do say to disconnect the O2 sensor as it's vital for proper PC operation.

My bike great above 2000 and I have cleaned or replaced everything except install a Power Commander so at least I know everything else is in order.