Police Motorcycle Skills Contest Oct 18

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uctofeej

Master of Random Thought
Reaction score
linky

Police Motorcycle Skills contest slated

Baton Rouge police will host the 10th annual Gulf Coast Police Motorcycle Skills Championship on Saturday in Gonzales, police spokesman Sgt. Don Kelly said in a news release.

Proceeds from the event will benefit the Dream Day Foundation, Kelly said.

LSU Police and sheriffs’ offices from East Baton Rouge, West Baton Rouge, Livingston and Ascension parishes will help with the event, he said.

The competition, which is free and open to the public, begins at 8 a.m. in the north parking lot of Cabela’s at Interstate 10 and La. 30, Kelly said.

More than 100 motorcycle officers from law enforcement agencies across the country will participate in events, which include simulating maneuvers and emergency situations on a timed basis, he said.

The officers will be practicing in public from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday through Friday, Kelly said.

The event has raised more than $230,000 for the Dream Day Foundation, which supports St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, Tenn., he said.

well dang, i would have liked to see that but i will be in knoxville this weekend
Knoxville's only a 6-ish hours away. You can watch an hour or two and still be back by early evening.
problem with that is that i'm driving my parents up this weekend and next weekend. got to do what the parental units say :p