• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Possible Russell Day Long Group Buy 2012

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had time to reflect on my conversation with Kim and it kind of makes perfect sense.

Of course they would not want to publicly commit to a group buy in early October while they are still actively receiving orders. RDL knows how rapidly the word get outs in these forums. I mean, I've gathered 50 names in three days!

It's actually pretty shrewd of RDL to give the outward appearance that they are not going to do a group buy. That way potential immediate customers don't hold off on their orders. I guess time will tell...

Everyone will hold their place on the list unless you let me know you have decided to go in a different direction. I feel pretty confident that if we can gather 50 people in three days, we'll have 75 more by the end of the month.

I know I said on the other thread I wanted in, but now I must bow out unless the group buy includes seats for non-FJR's too. It would be crazy to sink that kinda money into a seat for my secondary bike.
TS1,

I am curious? So what is your main ride? I don't see why it wouldn't include other types just add it when you place the order. I don't think they will refuse the business and not doubt you will still get a discount.

Dave
Dave- 4 next year (I ordered a '13) BMW K1600. So my major miles will be on that and yes, if these seats are that good I would want in on a buy for a RDL seat for the Beemer. The FJR will be secondary ...but not forgotten! I just wouldn't log enough long distance miles on her for the $eat.

So after reading above it sounds kinda dim, but "if" this still goes down and I can order a K1600 seat then I'm in!! :D

If the group buy happens, you can purchase for any bike you want. I have Voyagers, Vaqueros, Nomads, BMWs, ST1300s, FJRs, Concours, VStroms, Goldwings and more on the list...

64 people so far...

I know I said on the other thread I wanted in, but now I must bow out unless the group buy includes seats for non-FJR's too. It would be crazy to sink that kinda money into a seat for my secondary bike.
TS1,

I am curious? So what is your main ride? I don't see why it wouldn't include other types just add it when you place the order. I don't think they will refuse the business and not doubt you will still get a discount.

Dave
Dave- 4 next year (I ordered a '13) BMW K1600. So my major miles will be on that and yes, if these seats are that good I would want in on a buy for a RDL seat for the Beemer. The FJR will be secondary ...but not forgotten! I just wouldn't log enough long distance miles on her for the $eat.

So after reading above it sounds kinda dim, but "if" this still goes down and I can order a K1600 seat then I'm in!! :D

93 people on the list. Keep 'em coming. RDL has taken 125 people on the last couple of group buys...

Last edited by a moderator:
ok.... i'm slow and sleep deprived...

very interested in this, but i'm reading their website and the options things have me somewhat confused...

so i ask the group:

before a group buy, just an individual buy, what's one of these things run $:

both rider and pillion, in vinyl...

i can probably figure it out from there...

SG:

According to RDL's website the size S-3 (the size for your FJR) in "Dual" (meaning driver and pillion seat), all vinyl would be $605. I added no other options and did not include shipping. Price after discount (20%) before shipping would be $484.

ok.... i'm slow and sleep deprived...

very interested in this, but i'm reading their website and the options things have me somewhat confused...

so i ask the group:

before a group buy, just an individual buy, what's one of these things run $:

both rider and pillion, in vinyl...

i can probably figure it out from there...

Awesome. Thank you.

And I send my seat to them correct?

If so I will look for a takeoff seat. What's a fair price for a used seat in good condition?

Awesome. Thank you.

If so I will look for a takeoff seat. What's a fair price for a used seat in good condition?

That's correct. Please don't act too soon though because I'm still waiting to see if Russell is going to accept our request for a group buy. It may be the middle of next month before I know whether or not it's a go.

If you want to join the group buy list, look on this thread for the link and go over to the VBF to sign up.

Thanks!

Mike

Awesome. Thank you.

Awesome. Thank you.

I've had time to reflect on my conversation with Kim and it kind of makes perfect sense.

Of course they would not want to publicly commit to a group buy in early October while they are still actively receiving orders. RDL knows how rapidly the word get outs in these forums. I mean, I've gathered 50 names in three days!

It's actually pretty shrewd of RDL to give the outward appearance that they are not going to do a group buy. That way potential immediate customers don't hold off on their orders. I guess time will tell...

Everyone will hold their place on the list unless you let me know you have decided to go in a different direction. I feel pretty confident that if we can gather 50 people in three days, we'll have 75 more by the end of the month.
93 people on the list. Keep 'em coming. RDL has taken 125 people on the last couple of group buys... Good night and see you tomorrow.

Do they use any more of the stock seat than the pan to build from?

I'm temped to strip it and ship just the pan if not.

I'm not sure Chuck. You should pose that question to Kim at the time you place your order.

99 on the list. Who will be lucky number 100? Keep 'em coming... we need to go well over 125.

Do they use any more of the stock seat than the pan to build from?

I'm temped to strip it and ship just the pan if not.

Ah why not.

I'm in

WooHoo

Oddly I will likely use the seat once or twice a year. For when I do 600-1000 mile days.

Otherwise the stocker will likely be my daily rider

I wish there was a rental program out there.....

I'd love to spend a day on one or possibly just rent one for 10 days.

I was going to send them my seat around the end of Nov....of course if something is worked out for a group buy that could all change.

If memory serves me correctly. They will not do ride in purchases at the discounted price. That would be a question for RDL though at the time of order should the group buy go forward.

There are 111 people on the RDL list.

Will RDL accept a "ride in" at group buy price?