Post Up, Biatches!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well guys my heart has not stopped skipping beats yet.$2500 deposit today and it is yellow/black and arrives in December.

Al  :D   :D   :D
Did you get the LE deal in writing before you plunked down the $2500 deposit?

All LE's were sold out (to dealers) three days after it was announced, so it was your dealer who laid down $2500 for each LE way back at the beginning of the month. Curious as to whether dealers are going to stick with the $18,000 MSRP, or whether some will play the Hardley gouging game and jack LE buyers for more since it is a "limited edition"bike"...

Last edited by a moderator:
WC,

No written documents as of now. Everything was done on the phone. No price gouging.

This dealer supports us riding in this area with donations for all of our little functions and has an excellent reputation on the FJR sites. He asked me not to post his dealership or the price I paid because he does not want to be inundated with calls.

Al

You got the Bumble Bee?!!!? :bigeyes: You are my new best friend. Can I borrow it?

Here's my R1 at Cheaha Mountain.

Cheaha2010-1-0520015.jpg

Cheaha20012.jpg

This dealer supports us riding in this area with donations for all of our little functions and has an excellent reputation on the FJR sites. He asked me not to post his dealership or the price I paid because he does not want to be inundated with calls.
Very cool.

CONGRATS on your new LE!!!
thumb.gif

To make the day end in a great way the lady friend called a few minutes ago and said order a new R6 50th Anniversary for her. So you guys see two Bumble Bees flying around the back roads of Arkansas make sure to say HI.

Some days life is just great and now Canes is my best friend. Canes make a trip to Arkansas sometime and you can sure ride the LE. Zzooom is coming for a visit and riding in 8 days.

Al :D

Question:

R1 50th anniversary 11,599

R1 LE 50th anniversary 18,000

Now I know there is some suspension upgrades and braking but as a mortal and not a professional racer do the upgrades justify the 6.5 thousand dollars.

I mean am I really going to notice it more in my pocket or on the turns?

What do you guys think?

LOOKOUT!!! Newbie comin' through! :D

Ok, I sold my R1 a few months ago. After 6 1/2 years, I finally came to the conclusion that I just can't be trusted on public roadways with that much hp in my right hand. Here's my current sportbike. I've had it a few years now, and honestly, it's the most fun motorcycle I've ever owned...and I've owned a few.

2694IMG_2679-med.JPG

That's right...75 screamin Spanish 2-stroke CCs! 200 lbs full of fuel and ready to rock and roll. Inverted Showas up front, Works Performance shock out back, Mikuni Flatslide, Polini pipe with Arrow C/F silencer, and braided stainless all around. You wanna talk about embarrassing the shit outta some sportbike guys! After screaming by them in the twistys,and they finally catch up to you at the other end, here's how the conversation usually goes.

Them: What the hell is that???

Me: It's a Derbi

Them: Who makes it?

Me: Derbi

Them: What size is it?

Me: 75

Them: 75 what??

Me: CCs :D :D :D

I love this little bike. And it's really hard to get in trouble with it, cause it won't do much over 75 mph (barring hills, tailwinds, or big semis you can draft). But damn it kicks ass in the twisties.

Just got a couple of pics back from Barber...

...of my quaint, old-school '04.

fo3rxc.jpg

You'd be pretty hard-pressed to find another spode with a Bagster tank cover at the racetrack, no? :haha:

:)

What counts as a "sport bike" for this discussion? I sold three other motorcycles to get a lightweight backroad motorcycle, with more torque than horsepower. I think I was seduced by the cleverness.

I am barely beyond the 500 mile wear-in miles on my new Buell Lighting Long XB12Ss in thrust blue and translucent wheels. I ordered the factory performance exhaust and just learned that it is in. So far, so good. My FJR remains my long distance and foul weather machine, for sure.

Leonard Lloyd

Oakley, CA

/Users/leonard/Desktop/IMG_0151.JPG

Track bike 1996 900 SS SP with 944kit, 41mm flatslides and more stuff than I care to try to remember

Sunday 1992 851 Strada.

My Naked Sport Bike:

2000 Triumph Speed Triple - 955cc FI

"2000 Naked bike of the year - Bike Magazine"

S3-2.jpg

S3.jpg

Didn't like that address for my S3 so will try again.

Arrrr thar she be in all her glory.

19b1b3e5.jpg
[/img]

100_1925.jpg

100_1930.jpg

100_1913.jpg

88 GSXR1100j Future upgrades include Showa inverted forks, and 17" wheels, all using Suzuki parts. Factory 6 piston calipers will also be added.

I too, have a 76 CB400F Super Sport Honda.

I love to rescue old Sport Bikes, and Im always looking for a project!

Question:R1 50th anniversary 11,599

R1 LE 50th anniversary 18,000

Now I know there is some suspension upgrades and braking but as a mortal and not a professional racer do the upgrades justify the 6.5 thousand dollars.

I mean am I really going to notice it more in my pocket or on the turns?

What do you guys think?
It's more than just mere suspension upgrades. Your getting Ohlins RT forks with duel compression adjustment and same at the rear shock that's specially set up for the R1! You also get Marchesini forged wheels which are stronger and lighter than stock. Included too, is the slipper clutch which eliminates rear wheel hop upon down shifting into corners (primarily for track), but still a very nice option. All these mods make into one very nice bike. Plus, knowing that you are only 1 in 500 to own one puts you in a very exclusive club! If I had the spare cash I'd have bought one. Start adding it all up and it's not to far off what you could do it for. And yes you could tell the difference riding it compared to the 04-06 STD. R1. Still the Standard R1 is more than enough for the street. If you want to read a little more here you go:

https://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products...0/features.aspx