Post Your 2006 CFO Pics Here

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please post your pics from the 2006 CFO for those of us that missed it. Include any interesting tidbits as well. :)
Okay, I'll post here avigar if you give me 1 or 2 reasons (false or otherwise untrue) why you didn't make it. :D Couldn't be the weather...weather was fantastic! Couldn't be the disdainful fellowship of yer local and "unlocal" (or is it loco) FJR riders...

Now I WOULD believe it if you said you had a lousy BOSS and the fascists wouldn't let you go out and play...those bastards!

So what is it? What's de excuses??

Ohhhh, never mind...

Well, I don't have any ride shots -damn- because I don't so happen to have any professional ride photographer riding as pillion (O'vale- uhhh can I "borrow" Mrs O'vale for a ride documentary...no not THAT kind of ride documentary!! :angry2: )

Had some fun riding on the way up Friday (Thanks Blindman & Mrs Blindman for the company- oh yeah, WHAT FOG :dribble: )

cfo2006001.jpg

Blindman and the Mrs., Very good riders...

Sorry 'bout the closed eyes, but I think he closes his too - bein' blind and all...

And on Saturday in our group (zzzzip, blitzer, huron52, Griff, & rides alone) riding...

cfo2006007.jpg

zzzzip, blitzer, huron52, griff, rides alone...all fine riders and good company...

cfo2006009.jpg

Group stop while I figure what the heck to do next...and find a lunch stop...

cfo2006011.jpg

FJRs at Lunch stop on the Mississippi

cfo2006019.jpg

A satisfied wheatonFJR after 2 good days of riding (380 miles 1st day, 270 miles -second day)

Roads: WI 162, WI 35, WI 82, WI 27, WI 171, CNTY E (which one??), WI 60, CNTY E (which one?), WI 179, WI 35 -again, WI 82 (to La farge), WI 131, CNTY P, WI 162...again

Very little traffic in most places :)

Oh yeah, did I say the weather was GREAT!? Upper 70s and dry.

Thanks Grnarrowe & Bluebear...

Boy, that huron52 guy sure gets around, doesn't he? I just saw him last week in Boone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh, a good time had by all. Have a few pics myself. I just got home about 4-5 hours ago. Will post some tonight after I visit with the family some more. Thanks everybody for a great time.

Devanator

Yeh, a good time had by all. Have a few pics myself. I just got home about 4-5 hours ago. Will post some tonight after I visit with the family some more. Thanks everybody for a great time.
Devanator
Hey Dev,

Thanks for the shirt and hat. They are first rate! Hope to ride with you Minnesota guys again...

I've got some pics to throw up here, but somebody is going to have to do it for me... computer challenged... I can email them though.

Here are a few pics I took. Nice meeting everyone and many thanks to those who put it all together.

Breaktime - Devanator, Rad, Trini

PICT0035a.jpg

Rest stop somewhere on WI35 - Dev, Trini, Rad, moi

PICT0036a.jpg

Same rest stop

PICT0038a.jpg

Back at CFO central after an incident-free 300 mile day

PICT0039a.jpg

Beer-thirty

PICT0040a.jpg

PICT0042a.jpg

Valetz

PICT0043a.jpg

De-spudding the Staintune

PICT0044a.jpg

Rad's award...

PICT0057a.jpg

PICT0058a.jpg

How many riders showed up?

I didn't make a head count, but between 35 & 40 showed up I think. Ride group size was generally between 2 & 6 riders per group. All who showed up had a good time I think. I know I did.

SW WI is sweeper heaven with a few twisties thrown in at a couple of locations. Great scenic views along some ridge roads and there was the fun hidden valley runs along creeks...

Can you tell I had fun?! :) :)

Trini the Trickster. Oh so clever. And yes, that is a Tampon I'm doin' the Groucho impression with. A formal presentation was made, with all the ceremony such a gift would demand.... :p

Was that tampon to go w/ your tiara? BTW Rad... you show everyone your manliest mammories?

Here are some piccies that zzzzip took during his trip to and during cfo. One of the piccies is a group shot at lunch

Another shot is of a historical marker describing an event during the black hawk war

Other shots are of some farm scenes with some animals in this area -

Others are of some local architecture and historical buildings...

-wheatonFJR

IMG_2721.jpg

IMG_2722.jpg

IMG_2726.jpg

IMG_2728.jpg

IMG_2729.jpg

IMG_2731.jpg

IMG_2724.jpg

:) nice pictures thus far, glad everyone had a good time.

I think it would be cool to be able to hit a couple events back to back next year. :rolleyes:

but back to reality :(

Keep posting the pics, posting names/logins with them would be great too.

ok a fast download of some picks

not there 5 minuts and this lil filly wants to go on a ride i let here sit on the silver boy but with 49 miles on here odo she needs more sadle time to ride with this big boy

188417706.jpg

before

188418251.jpg

during

188418275.jpg

and like five minuts later

188418349.jpg

302 miles of smiles

188418465.jpg

better than work

188418506.jpg

my man rad

188417886.jpg

sunset cfo

188418398.jpg

clouds looming

188418807.jpg

home bound

188418857.jpg

1230 miles and had a ball every one.

and some that would not fit up there

good luck charm

188417991.jpg

did you here that ?

188417800.jpg

nice legs

188418559.jpg

My pics are pretty much double from what most have. I'm a little late in getting them posted as I had trouble downloading them last night. I'll try again a get some that are different. I'll talk and show later. And yes it was a BLAST. Had a lot of fun.

devanator